TeddyG Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 Hi i was wondering if i should try to run my amp at .5 ohms and what would be the benefit, I have an LSX5000D (http://www.logicsoundlab.com/LSX5000D.html) I've done the big 3, have an HO alt @225 amps and a HC600 as a secondary battery powering a DC XL D1 ohm. 1,500 watts is nice at 2 ohms. but the amp puts out 2,500 at 1 ohm... Should i go for it?
C-Fizzy Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 I would watch your voltage drop to see how it is at .5 but if you have the electrical to run it that low, go for it. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
audiofanaticz Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 That amp will most likely burn to the ground at .5 ohms! so I wouldnt try it.
Rebel4055 Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 Who's made your "HO" alt? Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
C-Fizzy Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 I didnt even look at it. nevermind. DONT TRY IT. on a side note, are those 4 guage power and ground? LOLOLOLOL under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
TeddyG Posted February 27, 2011 Author Report Posted February 27, 2011 Who's made your "HO" alt? Excessive Amperage
TeamHT Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 I would not try to run that amp at .5ohm Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Guest Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 100 amps worth of fusing. you wont get more than like 1000w from that thing at 1 ohm. i wouldnt even TRY to do half ohm.
Rebel4055 Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 If you want magic smoke go ahead, it won't last long. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
TeddyG Posted February 27, 2011 Author Report Posted February 27, 2011 I didnt even look at it. nevermind. DONT TRY IT. on a side note, are those 4 guage power and ground? LOLOLOLOL Naw they're zero gauge the site just want change the pic for the different amps lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.