Sonic Electronix

Thanks for the input guys. It just goes to show there's always something to learn. Man I feel like such a noob cause the concept is pretty basic but I don't know anything about crossovers or how running them in parallel would effect the components.

Running a pair of 4ohm (final load) components per side in parallel at the crossovers so one wire goes to each corresponding side of the front channels

Edited by flashlight_65

Thanks for the input guys. It just goes to show there's always something to learn. Man I feel like such a noob cause the concept is pretty basic but I don't know anything about crossovers or how running them in parallel would effect the components.

Running a pair of 4ohm (final load) components per side in parallel at the crossovers so one wire goes to each corresponding side of the front channels

Better quality component x-overs should include a zobel circuit which irons out impedance matching problems, potentially allowing you to run 2 sets of components off one channel of an amp.

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

Better quality component x-overs should include a zobel circuit which irons out impedance matching problems, potentially allowing you to run 2 sets of components off one channel of an amp.

Then I'm kinda tempted to try it out when I decide to put together my front stage. Thanks again gents for the input.

from what ive been told and im doing it with no problems if you set up both cross overs for each component set you can then wire them in parallel from crossovers to amps to 2ohms but not speakers to crossovers, i ran my components in parallel ( 2 on each door ) each crossover puts out 4ohm then i paralleled them to 2 ohms and they work fine

i dont know if u have ur components but if u do have u tried to hook em all up to ur crossover then on the input hook up ur ohm reader and check the resistance ?

No I don't yet. But I do have a set I havent installed in the doors yet but they are 2ohms but the same concept should apply. I'm gonna have to check that out.

i have a 4 inch coaxel and a 1 inch tweeter run in parrelell to one channel and its been working fine. no problems at all from me. O nd i have the splitter before the croosover for my tweeter

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas