Sonic Electronix

hi

i have 2 15 l7 and today i reset the gain until one sub was bottoming out (sealed box). the amp has true 2400 watt rms so i guess im not clipping.

now what i discovered is that the l7 only bottom out when the windows and doors are shut. as soon as i open two windows, the sub doesnt bottom out any more and is hitting way harder. im talking about frequencies around 30 hz and lower ("white girl", alot of Decaf´s stuff).

now whats that? max volume only with windows open?

my 15 L7 build

my youtube channel with lots of L7 videos

your box is to big

/You have weird wiring/you are clipping half to hell.

Just because your amp has 'true 2400 watts rms' doesn't mean you can't clip it.

Also the fact that only one sub is bottoming out is weird to me. Do they both move about the same?

Too many projects, too little time...

The gain knob all the way up does not equal Max 2400 true rms power... You need to set it with an oscilliscope to prove you are not clipping it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

yea that box shouldn't be too big as he said... l7's like big boxes. My first real sub was the same and I had it in a 5 cube sealed box for awhile before I built a ported.

Although the fact that just one sub is bottoming out is a bit weird, I would expect them to bottom out on low notes with that much power, assuming it is good clean power as has been said before. Is the box a common chamber? post some pics.

my gain is not set all the way up. its maybe set to 3/10.

how do i connect the O-scope?

For the Preouts, connect the ground clip to ground, touch the probe to the inside connector of the RCA.

For the outputs on the amp, connect the ground clip to ground, touch the probe to the speaker positive.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png