Sonic Electronix

I know there are a lot of questions about boxes on this site, and Im gonna add yet another one because quite frankly I don't know shit about ported boxes. I can build anything, I can run all the necessary wire and hook it all up correctly but as for the math part I don't get it so this is my question.

I have 2 kicker cvr 15's that I want to put in a ported box. My measurements for my trunk are 36" wide 163/4 tall and 18" deep. Can I build a ported box with these specs and the subs actually sound good? I hate sealed but I would like to have a little trunk space. I was told that ported boxes have to be twice the size of a sealed box so I really dont know.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

With those measurements unless you got a big trunk opening you won't be able to fit it in there more then likely...

its in a 04 grand prix, my trunk opening is pretty big

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

before displacements you only have 5 cubes..so no.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Well idk then. I really like the sound of my 15's and really would like to use what I have and not have to buy new subs. I would do some 12's but I really don't know what would be good. I was hitting 140 in my lhs on 1200 watts rms with the 15's and was looking for around 145 but idk what rout to take to get there. I know a lot of people say the build is 75% of the ending result.

I hate country too..

seal off the trunk?

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

HAHA i wish that were an option. I have to have some trunk space for hauling my welding bag and groceries once in a while.

I hate country too..

Your gonna have to stay sealed if you want space. Or do 1 15 ported. Depending on how much power your running you could still prolly do a 140 off 1 15. Decisions decisions

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I am a designer/box builder of socal area.

did some calculating and that ends each sub at around 1.8cu.ft after all displacement. And this is directly from kicker website (Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 3, 85)

so i am going to say that its not going to work, not a good idea.

2-18" Fi Btls

2-RF T2500-1bd

box 14cu.ft after displacement tuned @ 32hz.

Socal Box Designer/builder

Ok so a ported 15" box is not going to work. I know if I run my 15's in a sealed box I will see around 140 but I want to go a little louder than that. Is there a way to build a ported 12" box with my specs to do the a 145db on 1600rms? I know someone will ask what subs I will be using and I dont really have an answer for that because up until today I planned on just running my 15's.

I hate country too..