Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

well i figure i'll throw up some of the more recent pics from this latest show!

i decided to touch up the paint work the night before, and of course in the cold night air it ran, so i've got to repaint my bumper now,so ignore that paint runs down the front, looks horrible...

DSCF0001Medium.jpg

DSCF0002Medium.jpg

DSCF0003Medium.jpg

DSCF0070Medium.jpg

DSCF0217Medium.jpg

DSCF0238Medium.jpg

DSCF0239Medium.jpg

DSCF0240Medium.jpg

and a couple of general pics to show the show itself!

post-372-0-25922700-1310965790.jpg

post-372-0-71442000-1310965812.jpg

post-372-0-65901400-1310965828.jpg

unfortunately these no pics, but later on in the night we had a TONNE of extra cars rock up, with a few extra cruise clubs joining in...

these pics also really go to show just how much the charade stands out in a crowd, gotta love that!!

i managed a best of 156.6db at this show, .2db down on my best, but my issue was that having the new windshield in there shifted my peak frequency down, instead of up like i was expecting, and i didn't find a song that worked before the windshield seal let go, taking me back up to my slightly higher peak, lol

but i'm happy as i also kept with the 150db+ under 20hz, so thats great!!

i'm just trying to dig up some more pics/videos now...

SMD-1.png

Still loving this build...I might also paint my rims that color to stand out...pink wheels on a green car? Watermelon style. 8) Standing out is ftfw. I like how the seats are mounted too. Do you plan on adding a loading wall or is your windshield counting as the loading wall? Thought you said it needed one, cant remember right. Anyways, looks killer dude. Keep us updated. :woot:

love watching this car get updated..showing how us aussie's do it :drink40:

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Congrats man looks great

cheers man!!

Still loving this build...I might also paint my rims that color to stand out...pink wheels on a green car? Watermelon style. 8) Standing out is ftfw. I like how the seats are mounted too. Do you plan on adding a loading wall or is your windshield counting as the loading wall? Thought you said it needed one, cant remember right. Anyways, looks killer dude. Keep us updated. :woot:

hahaha standing out is about the ONLY way to roll!!

seats what seats?! they're not important enough to even be considered atm... lol i'm actually looking at building my own seats for this, atm it's not high on my priorities, as right now i just want to fix the things that are going wrong from the system, once the car is rock solid, and i know i can beat on it for hours without anything letting go, i'll start getting into making the car pretty, and more usable... it'll never be a proper daily driver, tho i'd like to see it hit the road...

but right now i can't even keep the doors on this! it keeps ripping the door pods off the door, the weight of them plus the violent movement on them just keeps tearing the bolts thru the door, so it's things like this i want to fix before i go making it pretty...

loading wall is needed inside the box to kind of deflect around the port openings, as i'm having some minor unloading issues with the subs closest to the port, i'll get around to that at some point, but i'm really trying to avoid it, working on anything inside the box is nearly impossible...

i think my favorite part of this build is the rolled on paint lol. nice numbers too :good:

thanks man, i love the rolled on pink too, you see so many guys just rocking flat black rattle can paint jobs at spl shows around here, and i'm ALL for Function>Form style appearances. but in a world where people have seen just about everything, you've got to do something new to stand out...

about the most comments i get about the car come from the paint job, and strangely it's 99% positive!! people seem to love it, which i never expected...

love watching this car get updated..showing how us aussie's do it :drink40:

Aussie pride all the way!! there's not enough groundpounder out here, so hopefully this inspires a few more to get building... show what you can achieve on a budget too, as long as your willing to put the work in!!

SMD-1.png

haven't looked in here for a while but dammmnn. door and windshield flex actually got me laughing. loving the paint job on it :good: maybe someday ill be able to muster up the nerve of doing some "custom" paint on my own car xD

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

• 4 weeks later...

bump... moar pics and vids!

Did you ever get that windshield replaced??? I'm interested in hearing about the police spec windshield you were talking about...

:popcorn:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• 3 weeks later...

bump... moar pics and vids!

Did you ever get that windshield replaced??? I'm interested in hearing about the police spec windshield you were talking about...

:popcorn:

haha thanks man!! yep i did get that windshield replaced, and have already gotten a minor crack in it!! which i then made a little worse...

(i've also been playing around with editing my videos lol)

but other than that the car has been sitting pretty dormant in the garage, untill this week that is...

with a show coming up this thursday, i decided that i needed to get the car a little more up to scratch, and the one thing irritating me were the wheels, something had to be done... and so...

03092011030.jpg

picked the 17" up off a mate for cheap, and i'm actually quite a fan of how they look on the car, so i couldn't be happier!

only a small difference in size! lol

03092011055.jpg

front...

03092011032.jpg

03092011031.jpg

rear

03092011051.jpg

03092011053.jpg

and the overall look of the car now!!

03092011056.jpg

03092011057.jpg

still needs alot more done to clean up the car, but that will happen after this show on thursday, i plan on getting PLENTY of videos of the winsdhield completely letting go, i've also had some songs mixed up for me by SPLWGN, fantastic guy and even better songs! so there will be plenty of videos taking this thursday!!

let me know what you think of the rims!?

SMD-1.png

Archived