Sonic Electronix

But it's tuned to 35 hz and it's a 15 He'll be safe and get full excurt.

I see what you did there :D

As far as the noise, I'm assuming you didn't change any settings since the sound started? Maybe a tinsil lead hitting the cone?

im guessing its port noise. Because you say it only comes on the low bass hits. Either that or its just bottoming out

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

vette, it sounds 100% like your subs are bottoming out on you. my solox did that and if you took out the cone after it did it, you would see coil rub on the voice coil after it happened. maybe you need a higher dropoff on your subsonic. like 12-24db for a cutoff. im going to set my 3sixty to 24db of a crossover point when i get it put in.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

vette, it sounds 100% like your subs are bottoming out on you. my solox did that and if you took out the cone after it did it, you would see coil rub on the voice coil after it happened. maybe you need a higher dropoff on your subsonic. like 12-24db for a cutoff. im going to set my 3sixty to 24db of a crossover point when i get it put in.

Ok sounds good. I'm just not sure they are bottoming out.. They are running I'm sure less than the suggested rms. I figured with the bigger box that I'd need more power to get the subs to push what they are capable of. I'm running a...and don't condemn me... Bass inferno amp rated at 2k, which I'm sure it's not really. I was curious if it was just a weird frequency that slipped past all my amp tune settings and made a crappy sound. It hasn't happened again.

just because you arent feeding them up to or over their RMS power doesnt mean a single thing. Hell i fed my 12" solox 1.4kw rms for a very long time before i stepped up my game and got 3kw going to it and if i hit it with a low note (which was damn near everything i played because stupid me didnt know my box was tuned extremely high) you could hear the coil banging the shit out of my basket and like i said, coil rub was a dead give away, then the burning smell, then poof. goodbye solox. lmao. but i did a LOT of things wrong with it, i hit it with notes wayyy below what were acceptable for it in my enclosure, it had a very badly clipped signal going into it, and apparently it was slightly off center for the SPAIR so it was making it worse for coil rub. Dont do what i did with my previous systems. Prefab is NOT the way to go. lol

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

in my opinion i think the subsonic should not go any lower than your box's tuning point but i have read and heard of a lot of guys on here going 2-3Hz lower than their port tuning to set their subsonic. Personally i make my subsonic right at the port tuning and have anything lower than that drop off at a 24dB curve. i dont have that problem when im messing with my 3sixty in my house.

was the 10Hz frequency like you were blasting it or was it somewhat low for power? It should be low for power. Subsonic filters are never 100% going to kill the frequencies that are below the tuning point of the amp. Also your amp may not have a very steep slope for it to cutoff the freq below the subsonic setting.