KCraig530 Posted March 3, 2011 Report Posted March 3, 2011 Hey guys, found this forum through Steve's youtube videos. I don't know a whole lot about car audio and I'm looking to do some upgrades. I know what i want i just don't know how to get there. I have two 10" Rockford Fosgate P1s in a sealed box. A American Legacy LA660 800w amplifier that is running my mids, highs, and subs, so i have no fader or balance. So far I have been told this amp will be fine to keep and run my mids and highs, and then i should get another amplifier for my subs. I don't know what i am looking for when it comes to the new amplifier and I'm wondering if i am going to need new subs to get what i am looking for, especially because the right sub in the picture is cracked. My deck maxes out at 32 on the volume meter, i like the sound at 28 for casual listening. I want a setup that i can listen to on around 14 volume and then go louder if i want. Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated. Thanks. Here are some pictures. I'm keeping them as links so i can leave them in there full size. Not super clean right now, been raining a lot here. http://www.kevincraig530.com/pub/03durango/
Guest Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 that Legacy amp should work well with your mids and highs. this monoblock will power your p1's perfectly http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R1300A/Infinity-Reference-1300a.html?tp=35834 and by the way, if your gains are set correctly, then you cant have the easy listening volume 14 and loud volume 28. it might end up that way but the volume number and the loudness of the speakers is dependent on the amplifiers gain settings.
michigancapri92 Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 i have 2 10" p1s as well and i can tell you from experience that there is a NIGHT AND DAY difference in bass if you ditch the sealed box and get a ported box that's not a prefab, that will make a HUGE Difference and if you want to match you can find Rockford Punch P300-1 amps for around the same price if not cheaper than the mono amp linked above, i love rockford amps just wish there subs were as good as there amps the punch woofers are notorious for the dust caps to crack >.< Teamcapri.comThe TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR22012 FORD EDGE SQ BUILDOld build logMy FeedBack1992 Mercury capri XR2 Hyper LED
White Lightning Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 Hey guys, found this forum through Steve's youtube videos. I don't know a whole lot about car audio and I'm looking to do some upgrades. I know what i want i just don't know how to get there. I have two 10" Rockford Fosgate P1s in a sealed box. A American Legacy LA660 800w amplifier that is running my mids, highs, and subs, so i have no fader or balance. So far I have been told this amp will be fine to keep and run my mids and highs, and then i should get another amplifier for my subs. I don't know what i am looking for when it comes to the new amplifier and I'm wondering if i am going to need new subs to get what i am looking for, especially because the right sub in the picture is cracked. My deck maxes out at 32 on the volume meter, i like the sound at 28 for casual listening. I want a setup that i can listen to on around 14 volume and then go louder if i want. Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated. Thanks. Here are some pictures. I'm keeping them as links so i can leave them in there full size. Not super clean right now, been raining a lot here. http://www.kevincraig530.com/pub/03durango/ Welcome to SMD ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
KCraig530 Posted March 8, 2011 Author Report Posted March 8, 2011 Thanks for the advice guys. What type of features would be the most important when selecting a new amplifier? I hear a lot about RMS, the amplifiers you guys suggested run around 300 RMS. Is this a good range to be in, or if i had the money would it be wiser to invest in something with some more RMS?
Nyaim Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 more Rms = more power therefore you will need a better sub or another one depending on what your Amplifiers rms rating is at. e.g if i have a 500 rms sub it would be best to get a 500rms amplifier, so basically u match the rms of your sub with your amplifier, if your amp has a much higher rms than your sub for example a 500rms sub on a 1000rms amplifier, you will be at risk of blowing your sub if you're not smart when setting up and playing it, so to keep on the safe side, match your subwoofer Rms with your Amp Rms... Pioneer AVH3200 DVD2, Pioneer 6.5" 2 way 60 Rms Kevlar4, Pioneer 6x9 2 way 80 Rms Kevlar1, Kicker Solo-Baric L7 15-Inch 1000 Rms1, 1000Rms Hifonics Monoblock Amplifier1, 800Rms Hifonics 4-Chan AmplifierAudio Control EpicenterKicker Kx3 Crossover120AH Power cell Battery (Main)Pioneer AVH4300 DVD HU2, 500rms D.A.S 10B 10' Mids 2, 500rms D.A.S 8' Mids2, 300Rms Pyramid TW47 2" Super Tweeter2, SA-12 D4 Tuned @ 33hz @ 4.26 ft^31, 1000Rms Rockford Fosgate T1000bdCP Amplifier - Birth sheet 1576Rms1, 1000Rms Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD Amplifier - Birth Sheet 1496RmsAudio Control EpicenterAudio Control ESP2Clarion Mcd360 Electronic CrossoverKicker KQ30 30-Band EqualizerRockford Fosgate Rfc10hb 10 Farad Hybrid Digital CapacitorYellow Top Optima (Main) Big 3
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.