97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

I recall you said something about slowly turning your interior over to black, still gonna do that? I think it would be much nicer :good:

That is still the plan but we have had humid days and a ton of rain lately. It's on my list. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Holy spray foam Batman! Looks good man, coming along smoothly.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

d/l it right now. I'm finishing up the car in the next couple days so I won't have any music until sat. at the earliest. I will be at the show in elgin at city hall this weekend if anyone wants to hear it. I gaurantee it will be the only white malibu with the black primer showing on the front clip. Going to try to get some demo's from team DOA as well and anyone else I can.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Very Impressive Build log !!! Awesome Setup !!! I really wish I could hear this thing ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Very Impressive Build log !!! Awesome Setup !!! I really wish I could hear this thing ... :drink40:

Thx buddy. Been working hard. lol I really want to hear your truck.

We are close to getting it finished. I spent most of the day getting the doors done. The upholstery pins were special ordered. That's what took so long to get the doors done. I took all of the goo from the moisture barrier and removed it. I used a layer of audiotechnix on the inner and outer skin of the door. Then I used a large piece of that acoustic foam and stuck that over the layer of deadener. I am really stoked to hear them now that I have them installed.

026-2.jpg

There will be a special grille with 3 attachment points to the door that will also double as a door handle. I am using the gap of the window sill to close the doors now. It will look really cool but I need to think about how I am going to build it. Not sure about that yet.

I have been doing additional deadening to the trunk.

027-2.jpg

I had a finite amount of deadener and the rest is going below the baffle under the amprack.. I have been having alot of success with the mdf and the exp. foam. The two large pieces of mdf are 2 pieces of 1/2 and 3/4 glued together. This was screwed directly to the bottom baffle. Once the foam is set I will trim it and the whole trunk will be covered in 1-3 coats of glass and matte. Total overkill considering I am under 750 watts (600RMS actually);lol, but why not do it.

I am starting on the amprack tomorrow. I have an ambitious idea on how to mount my eq and most of my grey matter will go to this. haha

I'll have more pics and another vid tom.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Foam heaven :popcorn: Say, what did all that foam cost?

The foam itself is pretty cheap. It is under 3 bones at any big box store. I have maybe 50 dollars in foam in the trunk and about the same for the doors, body gaps, and the baffle for the 18's. It's called great stuff for a reason. lol You can shape it sand it glass it. Couldn't have built my Infinite baffle without it.

Here is a long ass vid I made today. Just got done

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

More progress to show you guys. I went gonzo on the amprack today. It was nasty hot outside too. I had to spend an hour cleaning all that crp off of the metal and some gummy prehistoric deadener. Then the area was covered with foil and that blue edge tape. I cut the pieces that the amps are going to be attached to. They are made out of 3/4" mdf. there is 3 3/4" spacers underneath them to keep them both level.

001-14.jpg

After I got the positioning right I took them out and used 2 layers of matte and resin. Before they dried I placed them back in and used 2 more coats of resin and matte. Once that dried I hit it with two cans of exp. foam.

005-10.jpg

024-3.jpg

Once that dries I will trim it and start to build the little boxes the amps drop into. This will be covered in fabric and glassed so it makes it one whole piece. You will only see the face of the amps when it is done. I am debating whether I want the dist. blocks showing. Well see as it comes together tomorrow.

In between fiberglassing I used the time to prep and paint the back doors. Here are a few pics of how it came out...

003-14.jpg

022-3.jpg

023-1.jpg

004-14.jpg

The vid I made still has another hour so, yeah; more then lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived