97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

Here are a few pictures I have yet to put up. The wall has been carpeted but I am still on the fence how big I want that trim panel to be around the port.Once I settle on a size I will glue and screw it in and mod it into the port with some kitty hair and body filler and painted white.

I started working from the center out. Both the carpet and the mdf were sprayed with super77. Once the bond set I was able to use my fist and stretch the carpet in the holes for the port and so it doesn't shrink back .

a329.jpg

The carpeting was one piece from top to bottom. It is glued at the top and at the bottom the excess was trimmed and the remainder was wedged underneath the trim panels.It extends all the way to l and r sides as well. Eventually I will make a trim piece that covers the sides and the top but it will be a while. Really wanting to start on the trunk.

a330.jpg

a331.jpg

a345.jpg

You can see this trim piece is a little tall on top and I'm not sure I want that much white on the wall. That's why the carpet is still above the port. I should have a couple updates and a final trim panel in a few days.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Lookin' good, mane.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Dude awesome!!!! I can't wait to hear this thing!!!! I am rebuilding my box this weekend and I just miiight be getting some deadener for christmas =D hopefully we can get something together son.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Thx guys. Eric just let me know and we can get together around the first. Maybe sooner.

I lost your number since I got a new phone, I never deleted our messages though so it's in there when I need it, I really can't wait to hear that thing, better yet, get a BP crossover on that new addition!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Made a couple demo vids with some sq tracks. Pretty happy with it and am looking forward to doing some serious eq'ing and tuning. The first one is from the Braveheart soundtrack. The second is from Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live in Las Vegas. That sounds pretty amazing...

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great brother! :D That's a lot of glass work.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I put up an update. I decided to try experimenting with a different port config. I guess I made a mistake going by the psp site and the recommendations of PE. I never said I was an expert when it came to ported walls. hehe The third picture shows the port in the wall with a couple layers of deadener wrapped around the outside. The hole was a little larger than the sonotube. When I decide which of the lengths I like better I will use some filler and mold it into the baffle. that is why the carpet is cut the way it is. I will build a new trim panel around the port when I figure that out.

a432_zps70a33b72.jpg

a433_zps9cbc8f85.jpg

a434_zps7de2a78b.jpg

It is 10"x15" deep. I am still short on port area and plan on trying another that is 20" deep. Still under 10" per cube but I am not stressing about it. It still sounds good to me. I may try the 6 18" in a few months. It's hard to stay satisfied for long.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived