best place to buy wiring?

ok so knu is better? i dont want to pay more then 3$ a foot. but like i said im going to switch to 2 gauge anyway and re do my whole system from the Monster 4 gauge it is now.

ok so knu is better? i dont want to pay more then 3$ a foot. but like i said im going to switch to 2 gauge anyway and re do my whole system from the Monster 4 gauge it is now.

2 gauge is almost a odd number in car audio wire.

OFC 4gauge will handle ~130amps pretty easy.

Is there a reason for the upgrade?

I dont give a rats ass...KnuKonceptz is some of the best wiring ive worked with...flexible, durable, safe , and has a good strand count....not to mention they have a nice look. :good:

You sir, need to expand your horizons then.

Are they good for the money, yes. Are they some of the best though? No.

Hunter,

There is nothing wrong with KNU, and can be considered some of the Best, because there is no such thing.

But I'm interesed in what you think is better?

Just out of curiosity, how do you know my first name with only 10 posts?

I didn't say anything was wrong with it, I meant that there was better. I agree, it is hard to consider something the "best."

Imo almost anything that is pure copper, has a good protective coating, and have a strand count that adheres to the AWG standards are better than Knu. Were you asking me for brand names instead?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Since when in the hell does Knu make "cheap shitty wire"???

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

I dont give a rats ass...KnuKonceptz is some of the best wiring ive worked with...flexible, durable, safe , and has a good strand count....not to mention they have a nice look. :good:

You sir, need to expand your horizons then.

Are they good for the money, yes. Are they some of the best though? No.

Hunter,

There is nothing wrong with KNU, and can be considered some of the Best, because there is no such thing.

But I'm interesed in what you think is better?

Just out of curiosity, how do you know my first name with only 10 posts?

I didn't say anything was wrong with it, I meant that there was better. I agree, it is hard to consider something the "best."

Imo almost anything that is pure copper, has a good protective coating, and have a strand count that adheres to the AWG standards are better than Knu. Were you asking me for brand names instead?

PM me if you want to know how I know your name. Its from another forum, but still shoot me a PM.

Also, are you saying Knu doesn't meet standard AWG sizing?

And I'm going to say you are correct, because it is bigger than its rated.

I've research almost every wire I could think of. I was tired of people giving out sooooo much infomation about it.

Knu was one of the top, and good value also.

Their is nothing wrong with having a thicker jacket either, definitly when the actually inside is bigger than most 1/0. I could see a few benefits of a thicker jacket, one being, it takes more/long to rub a hole in it. And in return, causeing you less problems.

But like I said, a best(in anything) almost doesn't exist.

Sure I could list a 100 variables, and then get a best for my install. But a universal best, not going to happen.

Unless if somebody makes a 99.99% Silver wire, perfect jacket, and under 3 dollors a foot for 1/0(over sized of course). But I doubt that will EVER happen. Even if it did, wouldn't have much benefit over copper. I think copper has 75% of the conductivity that silver has. But Aluminum has 40% of that of copper IIRC.(I don't feel like search the 100% answer. I'm going off memory so those numbers could vary.)

PM me if you want to know how I know your name. Its from another forum, but still shoot me a PM.

Also, are you saying Knu doesn't meet standard AWG sizing?

And I'm going to say you are correct, because it is bigger than its rated.

I've research almost every wire I could think of. I was tired of people giving out sooooo much infomation about it.

Knu was one of the top, and good value also.

Their is nothing wrong with having a thicker jacket either, definitly when the actually inside is bigger than most 1/0. I could see a few benefits of a thicker jacket, one being, it takes more/long to rub a hole in it. And in return, causeing you less problems.

But like I said, a best(in anything) almost doesn't exist.

Sure I could list a 100 variables, and then get a best for my install. But a universal best, not going to happen.

Unless if somebody makes a 99.99% Silver wire, perfect jacket, and under 3 dollors a foot for 1/0(over sized of course). But I doubt that will EVER happen. Even if it did, wouldn't have much benefit over copper. I think copper has 75% of the conductivity that silver has. But Aluminum has 40% of that of copper IIRC.(I don't feel like search the 100% answer. I'm going off memory so those numbers could vary.)

YGPM OTW because im REALLY curious lol

No, thats not what I meant. What I meant is that a better wire needs to be, "pure copper, has a good protective coating, and have a strand count that adheres to the AWG standards." It would need to have ALL that. Then again, thats just my opinion.

Is Knu up there? Yes. I agree that its an excellent value too. Its just not the best overall. Is it the best for ITS PRICE? Arguably yes.

I agree 100% there really isnt a "best." Its just like subwoofers- you get different results in different installs.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

knukonceptz.com

x2

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

wow, that's funny, but that trystar wielding cable is made and sold within 40 minutes of me driving, ha ha, I have all knu kollosus flex now, and love it, but if they are that close I could always pick up some extra :D

EDIT:

I just looked at trystars website and everything, man am I impressed !!!!!

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

2 gauge is almost a odd number in car audio wire.

OFC 4gauge will handle ~130amps pretty easy.

Is there a reason for the upgrade?

well i just got my second battery and over the summer i am probably going to get a 4 channel amp for my interiors. but i will have split the wire in the rear to go to each amp. my amp now has 4 gauge terminals so i want to have 2 gauge split into 2 4 gauge. but thinking about it i really dont need 0 so there is no point in spending the money on it.

right now i just have monster 4 gauge that looks more like 8 gauge to me. so i guess even a much better quality 4 gauge might work but them i will split 1 4 gauge into 2 4 gauge... 2 gauge just seems better.

Go to Darvex.com dude cheap wire that is very high quality. I think they have spools of 50' and 100' in different AWG sizes for and a reasonable amount. Check it out.

If I'm goin to hell, I'm going in a HOLDEN!!!

Speed doesn't kill, Its the stopping suddenly that gets you.

Quoted by the one and only Jeremy Clarkson.

Build: A Secret!

Archived