Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I am fairly new to this site and this is my first post.  I was just wondering how many of you guys are running memphis car audio stuff?  I run pretty much everything by memphis in my daily driver, except the flip out by clarion and the box which i made.  My competition setup is still in the works and i am still in the planning stages.  What do you guys think of the 4kw memphis mojo amp?  How about the Mojo 12" and 15" woofers?  Do you guys have any suggestions on different stuff?  I don't like Digital designs anymore because you cant get the carbon fiber dust cap anymore. And Elemental designs is out because I think they dont sound as nice as other stuff out there?  Give me honest opinion about this.

Thanks,

-steven-

ALSO: Don't think I was dissing on DD or ED, I just didnt like how they sounded in the set up I heard and that has a lasting impression on ya, you know?

Anyways Peace

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

ive been told the 4kw is not a good amp,for daily,but i dont know for sure...memphis is Badass all around in my opinion....all i run.

go peep the fabrication section.

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

what is wrong w/ not liking them if you cant get the carbon fiber dustcap?  As far I know and understand the carbon fiber dustcap's purpose was to keep excursion down, and if you keep the excursion down when beatin the h*ll out of your woofers then it would be less stress on them. Right? I mean I am not saying that I don't like them becuase they dont have the carbon dustcap, because its looks, I am saying that it was a function that made DD better than some of the others.

You catching what I am throwing out?

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

Oh Okay that is true, But I thought you couldn't get the dust cap on like the 9515's and that is why people in comps use them, and people that just want to be loud everyday without worry get like a 3512 or 15 w/ the dustcap? Or am i just being stupid again, ha.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

First off, Id like to say, I love Memphis products, worked with Memphis for about 4years doing speaker engineering/assembly. Great quality, great customer service.

Second, a carbon fiber dust dome has nothing to do with excursion. It was a cosmetic feature, stronger, less able to blow up, or even blow off. Xmax is based on how thick the top plate is, in comparison to the height of the voice coil. Say a 1" top plate, and a 3" VC winding width, that would be about 1" each way xmax, and then again,(also depending wheather it is a dual gap top plate design, over hung, under hung coil) a well designed speaker will also have a spider, and surround that will alloy easy xmax capabilities

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

First off, Id like to say, I love Memphis products, worked with Memphis for about 4years doing speaker engineering/assembly. Great quality, great customer service.

Second, a carbon fiber dust dome has nothing to do with excursion. It was a cosmetic feature, stronger, less able to blow up, or even blow off. Xmax is based on how thick the top plate is, in comparison to the height of the voice coil. Say a 1" top plate, and a 3" VC winding width, that would be about 1" each way xmax, and then again,(also depending wheather it is a dual gap top plate design, over hung, under hung coil) a well designed speaker will also have a spider, and surround that will alloy easy xmax capabilities

I had to read that twice, the first time was like reading a second language. But I got it. :D