Wanting to compete but w/ what vehicle?

I want to compete next year and have all the hookup on equipment for the most part. You guys can give me any suggestions you want as far as equipment, I havn't decided on subs yet, so input is all good. 

Basically I want to run my existing truck it is an extended cab 3 door 1999 chevrolet silverado new body style, Can I run this and just lose the back seat? Or get a new vehicle? If so which vehicle?

I think I remember reading in the rules of USACI (any event) that the subs had to be under the back seat, because that was considered the cargo area? Is this correct? If I am just stupid, could someone point me in the right direction, and kind of explain the rules of runing an extended cab truck? Ive got a crap load of room back there for some huge woofers, so I would like to run the extended cab.

Thanks,

-steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

i dont kno anything about competing really, but i do kno that u dont have all the room in the world of that truck. you could go with a blazer or something and dont wall it off but put subs all the way up to the back of the front seats. that would be loud. that way if they say anything about cargo area, u can say that the blazers have that feature to put the back seats down for more cargo room :D

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I want to compete next year and have all the hookup on equipment for the most part. You guys can give me any suggestions you want as far as equipment, I havn't decided on subs yet, so input is all good. 

Basically I want to run my existing truck it is an extended cab 3 door 1999 chevrolet silverado new body style, Can I run this and just lose the back seat? Or get a new vehicle? If so which vehicle?

I think I remember reading in the rules of USACI (any event) that the subs had to be under the back seat, because that was considered the cargo area? Is this correct? If I am just stupid, could someone point me in the right direction, and kind of explain the rules of runing an extended cab truck? Ive got a crap load of room back there for some huge woofers, so I would like to run the extended cab.

Thanks,

-steven-

Weather or not you use your truck is up to you and your budget. The same will apply on what class you play in.

If in say USACI, if you remove your back seat, that will put you in modified. Thats not a bad thing just different. Same type of idea plays into DB Drag as well.

If your short on that big whad of extra cash as most of us are, use what you got.

I know you can get damn loud in that truck with the loss of the back seat. So save what you would spend on a different car and play and learn with what you got.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

That is the exact advice I was lookin for kingsuv, Now if I compete w/o my backseat I know what class I would be running in, I'm not that short on cash, but Im not rollin in dough if you know what I mean. I just like my truck, a lot, and it means a lot to me, so using it would be cool as hell to me.  I have plans for doing 2 huge 12' or 15's in a big-ass downfiring ported box on some big ass amps, I already have a killer front stage, but would upgrade to double what I have now.

Would the 12's or 15's kill my clarion flip-out?

Any input on what would sound best in this type of setup would be appreciated.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

I'm not sure if the 12's or 15's would Kill your deck, it might shorten it's life.

As far as setup theres a thousand different ways you could go and everyone has a different idea of what they think is best.

Depending on what you are looking for and what kind of budget you have, I'm sure you could get a few good ideas off of this site.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I have already got a pretty good idea about what I am going to run or want to run, Right now my whole system is memphis audio except the flip out.  I want to stick with them because I am impressed w/ their stuff. I would like to do 2 12" m3mojo's and a 4kw memphis amp in the downfiring ported box, but any input on something of another name brand comparable to these would be nice, or a hell yeah would also suffice. haha.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

I REPEAT STAY AWAY FROM THAT AMP HORRIBLE NOT WORTH IT ONE BIT 1st its ur system do what you wnat make it your own 2nd my advice is to screw the 12s memphis 15s are way betetr then there 12s form my exerience and just get 2 15s a xx colosus hifonics amp 3.2 kw with a high amp ull be a power house setup (JUST ME DUN DIVE OUT AND BUY ONE MY ADVICE MY!!!!!)

iTS ALL ABOUT LOUD SOUNDS N HiGH CHEVYS

I REPEAT STAY AWAY FROM THAT AMP HORRIBLE NOT WORTH IT ONE BIT 1st its ur system do what you wnat make it your own 2nd my advice is to screw the 12s memphis 15s are way betetr then there 12s form my exerience and just get 2 15s a xx colosus hifonics amp 3.2 kw with a high amp ull be a power house setup (JUST ME DUN DIVE OUT AND BUY ONE MY ADVICE MY!!!!!)

say what?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg