Spitfire2k6 Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 The distance of red and blue should be equal.... i think blue is longer, that would cause the problem, check the hole in the center is actually in the center Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!
audiofanaticz Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 Your sprocket on the cranks is bent or warped, hence why your chain is sloppy. (this is most likely the problem, since it seems a lot of cheaper sprockets are never 100% circular at least from what ive always noticed). You could of bent your spindle that the arms are on, but thats doubtful (i never bent any and im fat and ride aluminum 3pc cranks) Hard to tell which cranks you have, but they look simular to the profile SS if those are even still made? I dont know much about the new products out today, I ride old school (techniques, hawk, jad). so since everyone posting their bmx....
Rebel4055 Posted March 8, 2011 Author Report Posted March 8, 2011 Crank is original to this bike so I have no idea what diamondback used on it. I paid 35 bucks for it and I fixed it up. The guy I got it from left it outside for awhile... Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
94retta(219) Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 Damn thats old school raceing right there. I used to race. And have never seen somethin like that. Diggin the old school aloy answers tho. Your sprocket on the cranks is bent or warped, hence why your chain is sloppy. (this is most likely the problem, since it seems a lot of cheaper sprockets are never 100% circular at least from what ive always noticed). You could of bent your spindle that the arms are on, but thats doubtful (i never bent any and im fat and ride aluminum 3pc cranks) Hard to tell which cranks you have, but they look simular to the profile SS if those are even still made? I dont know much about the new products out today, I ride old school (techniques, hawk, jad). so since everyone posting their bmx.... BUILD LOG
audiofanaticz Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 yea, they are not the profiles. Im trying to think what 3pc's all run the bolt to tighten them to the spindle on the back like that. from what I remember Jad, Redlight flights, oddesy black widows, and pmc that I can think of, and those are none of them. Id look to see if there are any markings on the cranks on either side of the arms so you know what they are if you need parts (bearings, spindles). But the sprocket is easily changed (by pulling off the chain, crank arm with the sprocket, and then there is just a bolt holding it to the arm). and they are interchangeable from brand to brand, and most likely the cheapest fix or thing to try for trouble shooting.
audiofanaticz Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 Damn thats old school raceing right there. I used to race. And have never seen somethin like that. Diggin the old school aloy answers tho. Yea, most that stuff was on my techniques until I cracked the frame. LOL I had 2 sets of the carbon fiber spin rims but sold the older styles that had the white stickers. Still wish I had my hawk, but I outgrew that bitch, and thats when I got the techniques. I always like the square frame tubes...
94retta(219) Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 Its not a brand name. All dimondbacks, dk's, lower fbms, easterns, all them run the exact same cranks. yea, they are not the profiles. Im trying to think what 3pc's all run the bolt to tighten them to the spindle on the back like that. from what I remember Jad, Redlight flights, oddesy black widows, and pmc that I can think of, and those are none of them. Id look to see if there are any markings on the cranks on either side of the arms so you know what they are if you need parts (bearings, spindles). But the sprocket is easily changed (by pulling off the chain, crank arm with the sprocket, and then there is just a bolt holding it to the arm). and they are interchangeable from brand to brand, and most likely the cheapest fix or thing to try for trouble shooting. BUILD LOG
audiofanaticz Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 Like i said, not really familiar with stuff from nowadays. Havent bought anything bmx related in 12 or so years. LOL But usually they would run some branded low end 3pc cranks, at least back in the day. Id still just get a new sprocket. That will most likely fix the problem, it has nothing to do with the rear wheel being crocked or anything like that since the chain will always grip or ride the free wheel in the same spot (even if the rim was so crocked it was rubbing the damn frame). lol
Rebel4055 Posted March 8, 2011 Author Report Posted March 8, 2011 Ok now I want to get a whole new crank for it, and the chain wheel. I have no idea what fits it so I need some suggestions. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
EclipseChris Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 Don't feel like reading the thread, but i had the same bike... and the same problem. I just tightened everything at a medium tightness. i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.