Jump to content

Anyone know about bicycles?


Recommended Posts

Posted

i'm assuming its just a square taper crank with 160mm crank arms? I'm more into mtb so idk what the standard bmx crank sizes are....

but, just pull the crank and pull off the chainring, count the teeth, and then order a new one. the arms should be fine, and even if theyre bent a little, that wont affwct the chain tension.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Posted

i'm assuming its just a square taper crank with 160mm crank arms? I'm more into mtb so idk what the standard bmx crank sizes are....

but, just pull the crank and pull off the chainring, count the teeth, and then order a new one. the arms should be fine, and even if theyre bent a little, that wont affwct the chain tension.

44 or 45 teeth but I hate this chainring/wheel/cog what ever you want to call it lool, I like the smaller ones, more out of the way and lighter. I want to just replace the entire crank and chainring.

And the arms I believe are 175mm according to a spec list I got online. Just don't know the spindle size.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Posted

Ti spokes?

Yess

Niceeee, I just built up a set of chris king hub with some ti spokes, not usually used on mtn bikes, especially 29ers, but hey, gotta try it and see how they ride.

but if i dont like them, im going to punch myself for spending 2 bucks a spoke, lol

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Posted

I'm preeeeettttyyyyy sure that it's gonna be one of 2 things. Either the crank isn't on the spindle/spline straight, fairly unlikely because it would loosen up and wobble usually, or (more likely if it's a cheap bottom bracket) its bent the bottom bracket spindle. Which typically happens when you bash the chainring or crank really hard into the lip of a bowl or a box or something.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted

I'm preeeeettttyyyyy sure that it's gonna be one of 2 things. Either the crank isn't on the spindle/spline straight, fairly unlikely because it would loosen up and wobble usually, or (more likely if it's a cheap bottom bracket) its bent the bottom bracket spindle. Which typically happens when you bash the chainring or crank really hard into the lip of a bowl or a box or something.

Your a pro on everything aren't you haha, I have no idea what the kid before me did to this bike but he treated it like shit, threw it and just abused the living hell out of it. I know something has to be fucked up in the crank area, either the chain ring or the crank it self so I want to replace it both.

He also said it fell off a probably a 50ft cliff LOL!

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Posted

Gata find out what the cup is. I wana say its american. American is separate bearings from

The bearing cup. It could be mid. But dought it. Mid is the bearings and cup are one peice and slightly smaller. There is euro which is tinny and threads in, then spanish (my bike) just as small as euro but has to be pressed just like the mid. Then you have to find the diamiter of the spindal its either 22mm or 20mm. Great chance your sproket is missing its adapter from 22 to 20 and thats causing your tight loose spot. Anywho tell me how tall and how much you weigh is and ill tell you your crank arm size you should get. To get your gearing small your gana have to get a whoole new back rim cuz from the looks and sound of it you have a freewheel. Cant go any smaller then 12 teeth on a free wheel. So youd need a cog hub. 9t then you can do 25 up front. And itll pedal the exact same as it does now 44t 16 is what you have.

Posted

Gata find out what the cup is. I wana say its american. American is separate bearings from

The bearing cup. It could be mid. But dought it. Mid is the bearings and cup are one peice and slightly smaller. There is euro which is tinny and threads in, then spanish (my bike) just as small as euro but has to be pressed just like the mid. Then you have to find the diamiter of the spindal its either 22mm or 20mm. Great chance your sproket is missing its adapter from 22 to 20 and thats causing your tight loose spot. Anywho tell me how tall and how much you weigh is and ill tell you your crank arm size you should get. To get your gearing small your gana have to get a whoole new back rim cuz from the looks and sound of it you have a freewheel. Cant go any smaller then 12 teeth on a free wheel. So youd need a cog hub. 9t then you can do 25 up front. And itll pedal the exact same as it does now 44t 16 is what you have.

I'm 5' 7" to 5' 8", I weigh probably 180? I gained a few pounds since I quit riding for a summer lol, this town is boring

If you could could you link me to the parts?

And what adapter are you talking about?

Also the bearing is that one type where the ball bearings are in a metal circle.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Posted

I only browsed thru the thread here but from the beginning it sounds like your sprocket bolt is loose or out of center. the bolt that goes thru the sprocket into the crank arm, above the bearing on the sprocket side, if you loosen it up, spin the cranks a few times, and tighten it back up it should place things in the middle, if not something is bent for sure. good luck!

do we have a bike section??? if not we should. post up some pics and bike stories.

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 554 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...