Sonic Electronix

Im buy this 100% but what steve mean when he says turn ur frequence lvl all the way up on ur amp? Does he mean turn the LPf all the way up and leave it there? I kno I turn my subsonic to 30hz and phase and boast 0 can u plz help real quick I have a sundown 3k amp.. And ever thing on ur hu is set to 0 correct.. Thanks I just want to clear things up

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you trying to do, you need to explain more on what you are talking about.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What Kranny said, and turn the SSF under 40hz. I would just turn it down all the way for testing.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

what do u do with the freq on the headunit output?

and what do u set the gains to on the headunit? mine has 3, i guess u set them to 0 and go from there?

and does the db/octave slope have anything to do with this?

and since i got to atleast go to about 1/4 or so with bass boost on my amp to even hear anything cause for some reason my amp dont like 1ohm atm lol, so i had to rewire my subs to 4ohm till i mess around with some wireing

from what i get from this is that if u cant get enough power out of ur amp with gain u need a bigger amp cause bass boost is shit? cause bass boost kinda brings up my low freq output of my amp a lil

im not full noob, just trying to complete some blanks in some things

im running active now so i got a lil different thing to set up, i got 1 amp for tweets and 1 for mids, would i play a 1khtz for tweets and a 500htz for mids or something?

i got mids xovered @ 80-31.5htz, and tweets 31.5 and up, subs 80 and below, not trying to thread jack just trying to figure this out so when i pick this up i can do it right, or will i need a rta for what im doing?

again im not trying to thread jack, just trying to learn how to have a clean sounding system and get the most clean power i can :) smd ftw! :yahoo:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

What Kranny said, and turn the SSF under 40hz. I would just turn it down all the way for testing.

Ok turn it all down for testing, I understand that but Meade said turn ur frenqence all the way up.. So turn my LPf all the way up and subsonic, boast,phase and gain to 0. And then play track 2 and just run a wire in the speaker terminal and clamp the positive on the wire and start turning ur deck up til the red light come on the o scope then when u see were the red light come on were it clip at u turn the hu down to 40 (let just say it clip at 42) and then u turn it to track 5 then u turn the gain up til u see the red light come on again, then u back it down til it goes off then ur done? But all ur stuff is still 0 like ur subsonic( should be 2 down from box tuning like my box is 32hz so it should be on 30hz and my LPf should be on 75hz or should it be on 0?) plz help I wish he went alot more in debt.thanks SMD people

[/quote

Ok 1 more ?.. When u set ur gain properly how I kno ur sub will take the power with out blowing them? Like a 3k amp on a 10" pioneer sub? ( we all kno a wal-mark pioneer can't take that power) I have 2 10xl and a 3k amp. But soon to be a 15" hd3 audioque do I tune my amp again since I got a new sub that handle more power or leave the amp how it is since I tune it the first time??

Turn the gain down If you know the sub can't take the power

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I know why he worded it this way, but honestly we all know clipping is louder ;) Bad for your gear for sure, but technically louder...

what do u do with the freq on the headunit output?

and what do u set the gains to on the headunit? mine has 3, i guess u set them to 0 and go from there?

and does the db/octave slope have anything to do with this?

and since i got to atleast go to about 1/4 or so with bass boost on my amp to even hear anything cause for some reason my amp dont like 1ohm atm lol, so i had to rewire my subs to 4ohm till i mess around with some wireing

from what i get from this is that if u cant get enough power out of ur amp with gain u need a bigger amp cause bass boost is shit? cause bass boost kinda brings up my low freq output of my amp a lil

im not full noob, just trying to complete some blanks in some things

im running active now so i got a lil different thing to set up, i got 1 amp for tweets and 1 for mids, would i play a 1khtz for tweets and a 500htz for mids or something?

i got mids xovered @ 80-31.5htz, and tweets 31.5 and up, subs 80 and below, not trying to thread jack just trying to figure this out so when i pick this up i can do it right, or will i need a rta for what im doing?

again im not trying to thread jack, just trying to learn how to have a clean sounding system and get the most clean power i can :) smd ftw! :yahoo:

It's independent of fq settings you normally use so you use one of the 2 fq the unit supports. 1khz or 40hz. So you set your settings so you can hear those fq...

For the sub amp you set it as shown in the video, then you can toy with the boost by reducing gain and increasing boost. If you have to have boost on to hear anything then there is something wrong with your deck or xover point or something along those lines (assuming the amp isn't cooked). Just keep in mind that when you use boost and hear it get much louder all of the sudden that's it going into clip.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

So after you set the gains with the bass/ treble flat can you change them? Like turn the bass down sub control up or w.e ... Nobody really goes into that

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R