Second Skin Audio

Opinions on New Box?

I would suggest using pvc cut to make your corners.

I was thinking the same thing

I would suggest using pvc cut to make your corners. Kerfing small radius like those will be a bitch.A skillsaw and a straight edge will get you the desired results for a kerf, but a tablesaw is a life saver.

If I did this, how do you attach the PVC to the MDF?Sounds like an idea to consider but I'm not sure how to attach them and would it be a problem as far as strength?

fiberglass... :clapping:

Are you referring to that comment?

Edited by Coleslaw

Well here's the new redesign, I would like to stick with the kerfing design if possible because there is less cuts (not including the kerf cuts) so it is simpler to cut and less likely to have one piece a little too big or something. My question with this one is whether or not I should put the subs on top of the box rather than where they are in the picture?

33uzmon.jpg

I would suggest using pvc cut to make your corners. Kerfing small radius like those will be a bitch.A skillsaw and a straight edge will get you the desired results for a kerf, but a tablesaw is a life saver.

If I did this, how do you attach the PVC to the MDF?Sounds like an idea to consider but I'm not sure how to attach them and would it be a problem as far as strength?

yes. or u could fill the corners with fiberglass instead & then round em out.

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

yes. or u could fill the corners with fiberglass instead & then round em out.

That is true. I have never used fiberglass though and another reason I wanted to kerf it is so it's not so square since I don't have a router. The curves on the outside of the box break up the squareness a bit

Edited by Coleslaw

If you want an easy way out(:D) try 6ft^3 with a full length 6" aeroport for a 25hz tuning.

Lol, I dont think 6ft^3 would fit so well in my dorm room haha. And I don't think my 2 8's would do so well in 6ft^3

I thought you has 12's for some reason...in that case, do 2.75ft^3 with a full length 4" aeroport for a ~26hz tuning.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Well here's the new redesign, I would like to stick with the kerfing design if possible because there is less cuts (not including the kerf cuts) so it is simpler to cut and less likely to have one piece a little too big or something. My question with this one is whether or not I should put the subs on top of the box rather than where they are in the picture?

33uzmon.jpg

If you want to run with this design I'd put the subs on top and as far to the right as possible.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

If you want an easy way out(:D) try 6ft^3 with a full length 6" aeroport for a 25hz tuning.

Lol, I dont think 6ft^3 would fit so well in my dorm room haha. And I don't think my 2 8's would do so well in 6ft^3

I thought you has 12's for some reason...in that case, do 2.75ft^3 with a full length 4" aeroport for a ~26hz tuning.

That would add about $15 to the total cost of the build though and I'm a bit tight on money atm.

33uzmon.jpg

If you want to run with this design I'd put the subs on top and as far to the right as possible.

I think I will probably do that.