Thanks guys.. Yeah I am deff not going to invert them, could you immagine those baskets with the new BTL motor? Straight ufo shit, hahaha. Amp is just the Z1, it passed all my tests on my bench so so far so good. I'd love to find a Z1A or even move up to the Z2, but we will see how this plays out. Lots of upgrades coming on tuesday.

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been slacking on the updates, but she's just about ready to play. On with the pics.

I <3 my router.

13.jpg

Old port.

12-1.jpg

14.jpg

New port / Woodgrain vinyl.

15.jpg

16.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

My original plans to mount Amps in the rear window tubs failed as the Z1 was just way too big. So I built out on the back of the box, the left will house the DD Mids amp, on the right will be for the DD Z1.

17.jpg

18.jpg

As much as I enjoyed the raw look of the woodgrain, I had to go on with my original plan. The faux leather trim piece.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

It's made of 4 total pieces but wrapped together. It came out great except for the middle connectors on the top and bottom. They mended perfectly on my table but when installed I get little raises on the gaps. Its something most wont notice but I sure as hell do so I may just redo and try for the one single piece.

So this is where she sits. I'm in a battery dilema right now. My trusty G31 Lifelines refuse to hold a charge after sitting for over a year, they rest at 7 volts. :( I've been trying every mode on my charger to revive them but its not looking good. Thinking about going with batcap as I don't have much space. Possibly 2 2000s or 1 3000, but I'm still hoping I can get these Lifelines up and holding a charge. Stay tuned for more.

subnoise-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I only have the 4 run back because I have an additional 4 grounded from the chasis instead of the battery in the rear.

subnoise-1.jpg

I got tired of waiting, hooked up my battery I thought couldn't hold a charge and turns out it was perfect so I had some fun. Installed terminal bolts, wired the subs up with some sexy twisted Stinger 10ga, and loaded up the Z1 in a lil temp setup.

dd24.jpg

Ah man it's delicious. I need to scoup another battery, perferably another Lifeline G31 so I can have 1 upfront and 2 in the back. My deck is a POS and gets knocked off the connection plug so I got a new one on the way. Regardless, extremely impressed with the output and cant wait to finish this.

subnoise-1.jpg

Archived