gotboom88 Posted March 14, 2011 Report Posted March 14, 2011 I just bought a new single 12 inch Kicker CompVR 2ohm DVC with 400rms power. I wired up the sub in series when I put it in the box so wouldnt it be a 4ohm load on the amp now? I have an Alpine MRP-M500 monoblock amp. And it says in 2ohm it gives out 500x 1 watts rms and in 4 ohm it says it gives out 300x1. Is my wiring hooked up right?
gotboom88 Posted March 15, 2011 Author Report Posted March 15, 2011 I just bought a new single 12 inch Kicker CompVR 2ohm DVC with 400rms power. I wired up the sub in series when I put it in the box so wouldnt it be a 4ohm load on the amp now? I have an Alpine MRP-M500 monoblock amp. And it says in 2ohm it gives out 500x 1 watts rms and in 4 ohm it says it gives out 300x1. Is my wiring hooked up right? Anybody??
iKidwell Posted March 15, 2011 Report Posted March 15, 2011 i don't even understand your question..yes it is in series if you wired it right. and at 4 ohm. c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
Delinquincy Posted March 15, 2011 Report Posted March 15, 2011 lol i got confused myself 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT SYSTEM REBUILD
gotboom88 Posted March 15, 2011 Author Report Posted March 15, 2011 lol i got confused myself Sorry to confuse you guys! I wired the subs like the diagram shows on crutchfield in series so I was wondering if my amp is at 4ohm load now. But like you guys said its 4ohm. Thanks
dereileak Posted March 15, 2011 Report Posted March 15, 2011 if you wanted to have the amp see a 2 ohm load then you need (1) sub woofer with (4ohm) dvc's, so both coils will go together to be 2 ohms, with your current sub it will have to be wired in series to be (2ohm) + (2ohm) = 4 ohm final load, you need to get the other version of the subwoofer to get the power you want out of it, if you ever plan to do 2 subwoofers then you want the dvc 4ohm like you have 2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd ManualPioneer 4300DVD2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub AmpKicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)Kicker KQ3 Active CrossoverKicker KQ30 EqualizerKicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -) 1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -) 300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker WireXS Power D3400 (Rear)XS Power D3100 (Front)Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)
08tahoe Posted March 15, 2011 Report Posted March 15, 2011 I just bought a new single 12 inch Kicker CompVR 2ohm DVC with 400rms power. I wired up the sub in series when I put it in the box so wouldnt it be a 4ohm load on the amp now? I have an Alpine MRP-M500 monoblock amp. And it says in 2ohm it gives out 500x 1 watts rms and in 4 ohm it says it gives out 300x1. Is my wiring hooked up right? By wiring your 2 ohm dvc sub in series you bumped it up to 4 ohms. So if your amp puts out 300 watts rms at 4 ohms then that's how many watts your sub is getting.
Supercharged DCs Posted March 15, 2011 Report Posted March 15, 2011 Got Boom, what kind of watts are you looking to run to your CVR? I have mine running at 289w on my RF Punch 200.2, and it sounds plenty good enough for only costing me $100 for the whole setup (bought from a friend) Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
gotboom88 Posted March 15, 2011 Author Report Posted March 15, 2011 Got Boom, what kind of watts are you looking to run to your CVR? I have mine running at 289w on my RF Punch 200.2, and it sounds plenty good enough for only costing me $100 for the whole setup (bought from a friend) Hey Supercharged DD. thats nice u got it for cheap. lol im running 300watts on a alpine v-power mono block amp.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.