Interested in Competing / Nor Cal

Guest Wood

Hey so title says a lot, im interesting in attending some SPL comps, i just got done doing a cut through in my pick up and looking to start posting some numbers and traveling a little bit as a hobby. i love my new system.

anyways as i look around there are mainly MECA events close to me. ( i live in redding Cal ) i looked through the rule book online and since i have a cut through does that put me in Modified? i have a single battery up front and a hifonics 2000w amp (not making nearly that) and two dc level 4 12s. if im correct with my reading i would me in in M3?

id like to run an easier class if i could. modified is like one of the more advanced classes right?

and what is the metering style MECA uses? like songs or notes? doors open? sealed? meter placement? so when i go to start metering my truck here at home i can get it setup for that style and what not.

thanks again for any and all input. flame me if you must...

MECA March 26 @ Audio Innovations in Fresno.

DB Drag March 27 @ Audio Innovations in Fresno.

MECA April 23rd @ Forbiden Tattoo in Fresno.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

In Meca the mic is placed on a stand on the the front seat. Driver or passenger. In Meca u can b open or sealed, u can use tones.

You can be in mod 2 if you use 1 70 amp fuse and your fuse has to be like 18" or less from the amp.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

226.19 is the sq in is the area of your woofers. If you can run 2 fuses of 35 amps you would be golden for M2.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

226.19 is the sq in is the area of your woofers. If you can run 2 fuses of 35 amps you would be golden for M2.

why run two fuses? i only have one amp. if i have a 100 amp under the hood then a 70 right next to the amp would i be okay?

or can i take the one out under my hood and only run the 70.

and thanks jg for the mic placement. they use a termlab right? and is the pass or driver placement up to me?

gonna try to make the shows at the end of this month in fresno.

We will only count the one right next to the amp.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)