Thinking about Career in Car Audio

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but that's because I am one :D

I'm wondering what it would take to possibly have a career in Car Audio and Installation. What classes are needed/recommended? I'm a junior in highschool, and they don't offer anything as far as fabrication or installation at my school. The closest they offer is Autobody, and Carpentry at the trade school. But I'm a basshead, love music and could really see getting into and enjoying a career working with sound systems and the like...

Thanks for any replies, every bit of advice & comments are appreciated :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

If you love it keep it as a hobby, don't make it your job, it'll just make you hate it...but if you really want to go into it look into MECP certifications that's a pretty recognized standard.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I may very well keep it as a hobby and look into a career in engineering, but man, I just can't decide what I want to do lol... Story of most teenagers life though, but I will look into those certifications! Thanks :D

Man, I would definitely go w/ the engineering! Then you will make big money, and then you will be able to handle life easily, AND build some bad ass systems too! B/c you will be able to afford it, and b/c you will still have the passion for it!

But that's just my opinion. I wish I was in your position again. I'd be doing the engineering. And my whole life would be better, as well as my system!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

hells ya do the engineering thing. hell look at meade and what hes got now. hes sum kind of industrial roofing designer i think and granted its taken him a while to git to where he is but u see the end result from having a good education and being a bass head to. :drinks:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Well that's decided than. Will definitely go with engineering or medicine... Looking into both Petroleum Engineering or becoming a Emergency Physician... Need to pick grades up a bit though, let them drop a tad the past year...

Yep better stay on the grades man! Again, I would LOVE to be able to do things different. Make good grades, stay on track. Have a much easier life!

Then you can have some wicked fun with anything you want!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

My dream build is a school bus decked out to be the ultimate mobile sound experience... Will probably cost a hella lot of money, so yep I better get a good job if I want to get that done...

ill speak from experience on this. I used to eat sleep breathe car audio. tweaking things every weekend etc. Then I needed a part time job to help fund it so why not do car audio? STarted installing at a circuit city and while I learned a ton, I do not have the drive to do it like I used to. Ive been working on my truck now for a year and a half and dont have it anywhere near completion. it takes me like a week to build a box and I have every tool needed to do so. if you love it leave it as a hobby.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Even if you dont take up Car Audio as a career. As a hobby, that autobody class and that carpentry class will help.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.