Sonic Electronix

Underpowering...But Clipping?

I have my box right and everything...just wondering why im clipping even at the lowest settings....like i said...havnt tried it with flat HU settings yet though.

::::::STREETZ::::::

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: STREETZxDBs

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs - 06' Ford Fusion - Kentucky

A little more research needs to be done guy.

And clipping has nothing to do with how much power is being fed to a driver(s). If turning the gain down drastically decreases performance I think you might want to check exactly how the subs are wired, and whether or not the enclosure is efficient.

Some questions to help you define last couple factors are:

What are the voicecoil configurations of the subs?

How are the subs wired?

How are the subs wired to the amp?

Is the headunit configured correctly?

Is the enclosure built within guidelines?

Is it sealed or ported?

If ported, what is subsonic set to?

There are many things here that could be your issue.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

if your head unit is clipping it will send a clipped signal to the amp, then the amp will send a clipped signal to the subs...

thats why when you set your gains, you want everything flat

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i have a AudioQue AQ1200D Amplifier powering(underpowering) two 12" DC Level 4s and my bass control knobs clipping light is lighting up when the bass hits...How do i fix this seeing that im already underpowering the subs? i have set everything down til the clipping light stopped flashing and it sounded like i had like 2 sony xplods in my trunk or something....Can anyone tell me why thisis happening and how to fix it? please?

Thank You

set your gains with an o-scope. you can clip with 1 watt if you set your gains incorrectly.

idk bout u gouys but not everyone can afford a oscope

Then everyone shouldn't be ducking around with the gain.

Not being able to afford a piece of equipment is not an excuse for irresponsibility. Just saying.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i have a AudioQue AQ1200D Amplifier powering(underpowering) two 12" DC Level 4s and my bass control knobs clipping light is lighting up when the bass hits...How do i fix this seeing that im already underpowering the subs? i have set everything down til the clipping light stopped flashing and it sounded like i had like 2 sony xplods in my trunk or something....Can anyone tell me why thisis happening and how to fix it? please?

Thank You

set your gains with an o-scope. you can clip with 1 watt if you set your gains incorrectly.

idk bout u gouys but not everyone can afford a oscope

If you can afford a sub, you can afford an O-scope.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

plus Streetz, you have possibly one of THE easiest amplifiers to not clip, as the amp tells you when you are. but i agree with everyone else, something may be wrong with your settings or you just might need a new box. was your box custom built or did you just go out and buy one?

I think everyone looked right past his post where he said he had the HU settings turned up.

Turn down the headunit settings. Set everything back to flat. Bass, treble, all of it at 0. THEN set your gains on your amp. If you have a DMM, use that to set the gains since you don't have access to an o-scope.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I think everyone looked right past his post where he said he had the HU settings turned up.

Turn down the headunit settings. Set everything back to flat. Bass, treble, all of it at 0. THEN set your gains on your amp. If you have a DMM, use that to set the gains since you don't have access to an o-scope.

LOL wow totally missed that. yeah put all the bass boost shit to off. put EVERY SINGLE EQUALIZER SETTING to 0 or Off. that means Loud, SLA, Bass Boost, Bass, etc all to off or 0.

Yea...Ill definatly do that...i thought about doing that before but figured id figure out the main issue before i go into that...but seing that that may BE my main issue then thatll get changed to 0 ASAP. its really not that i cant/dont know how to set my gains...its just that i dont know for this specific setup...just put it in and trying to get it setup.

::::::STREETZ::::::

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: STREETZxDBs

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs - 06' Ford Fusion - Kentucky

in your situation (for your amplifier specifically) you dont need an oscilloscope. when the clipping light on the amp starts to blink, then youre reaching full output of the amp. my 1200d starts to clip when i turn the bass knob about half way (i leave the other half there to increase the bass on quiet songs)

Archived