Broadz Jeep Patriot SQ / Street A SPL

Hi guys, this is my '09 Jeep Patriot (Right Hand Drive Diesel).

I bought the car as a decent base for my planned system I wanted to install.

As i'm more interested in sound quality than all out SPL or ground pounding the system was designed and installed primarily with sound quality in mind.

I was almost going to buy a Nitro, but the patriot is far better value and less common

Interior:

Headunit: Clarion HXD2

Front speakers: Morel Supremo 6 set

Rear speakers: OEM

Amplifiers: 2x Rockford T1500BD (1800w RMS x2)

.2x Rockford T400.4 (200w RMS x4)

Subwoofers: Orion XTR Pro 10

Exterior:

Bling Kit... chrome door handles, mirrors and PATRIOT lettering for the bumper cutout. 22 inch wheels and tyres

Wheels:

22inch Diablo Elite

DSCF4025a_1024x768.jpg

DSCF4035a_1024x768.jpg

DSCF4043a_576x768.jpg

DSCF4032a_576x768.jpg

DSCF4022a_1024x768.jpg

post-2232-1236422700.jpg

post-2232-1236422766.jpg

DSCF3338_800x600.jpg

Headunit:

Clarion's flagship headunit, the HXD2. 4 pairs of Audison Connection RCAs deliver the signal to the system's amplifiers. Because each speaker runs from it's own amplifier channel, i can feed each speaker with 250w RMS of pure clean power.

Clarion Ipod kit and external DVD player are also used as additional sources.

Amplifiers:

I have an aluminium/steel amp rack under each seat; containing a pair of Rockford Fosgate mono/4 channel each side. The passenger side amps run the passenger side speakers and sub, the drivers side amps run the drivers side speakers and sub. Each four channel amp is bridged to run as 2 channels with power output around 250w RMS each speaker driver (250w rms each tweeter and 250w rms each midbass driver). Having a left and right hand amp setup allows me to achieve pure stereo separation as the left side amps power supply is different to the right hand side amps power supply, so there is no chance of a mono or mixed signal to be amplified and confuse the sound stage.

The amps are mounted to perspex and is lit up using white LED lighting

Midbass:

Morel's finest, the Morel Supremo 6 midbass' have been used. Morel suggest a 12 litre sealed enclosure for optimum performance. Phatt Audio Concepts (my installer) removed both doors and trims, and fabricated sealed enclosures between the door trim and the door cavity. The is a sealed chamber behind the woofer and another sealed chamber beside the door map pocket. These chambers are linked very an mdf duct. Total capacity is close to 12 litres. Enclosures are made out of a combination of mdf, fiberglass and dynamat.

Both doors are extensively treated with Dynamat to try and kill any rattles. The mids have been extensively angled to try and achieve better "on axis" upper midrange response i was previously lacking.

Midrange:

no midrange yet installed. There will be a Morel CDM88 3 inch dome midrange installed in my mirror sail panels if i cant get the car to stage correctly. This is a last resort method if I cant get it tuned correctly.

Tweeters:

Morel's finest, the Supremo Picollo tweeters have been carefully grafted into the existing tweeter locations on top of the dash. Phatt Audio Concepts have plastic welded these in place and are finished in original texture plastic and painted the same as the original panel. It looks OEM fitted. There is a single white LED highlighting each of them.

Subwoofers:

Originally, a slot tuned enclosure was fabricated to suit a pair of JL Audio 8W7s. This enclosure was covered in matching carpet and the internals lined with white carpet with white LEDs highlighting the impressive looking baskets and DUB emblem etched in glass.

After plaing with Street A and managing average 143s, I felt like a bit of a change in the form of more cone area and better voice coil configuration. A pair of Orion XTR PRO 10 dual 2 ohms were purchased and modifications to the existing enclosure were performed. Luckily the enclosure requirements were almost identical between a pair of JL8W7's and Orion XTRPRO10.

Lighting:

HID lighting kits installed and i have replaced all external lighting and interior lights with white LEDs. Undercar white LED/Neon kit to be fitted. LED lighting fitted to light up foot wells

Interior:

My patriot has undergone full transformation to Dodge Caliber SRT4. SRT4 seats foams have been fabricated and extra trimming here and there gives that slight upmarket feel. Raw plastic panels have been trimmed and/or flocked in original colours

100_4687.jpg

100_4689.jpg

100_4697.jpg

100_4701.jpg

100_4706.jpg

100_4708.jpg

100_4709.jpg

100_4713.jpg

100_4714.jpg

100_4719.jpg

100_4733.jpg

100_4735-1.jpg

100_4742-1.jpg

100_4748.jpg

100_4793.jpg

100_4796.jpg

Door enclosures are actually 12litre sealed enclosures which work much the same as a subwoofer box for my front midbass speakers

YAY BROADZ!!!!

good to see the log up on here...

you really don't gt much of an idea of JUST how much work has gone into this... i still LOVE the build!!

and that 2x 12" G5 set up, what heppened to that? did clint happen to take that off your hands? because i think i've got that sub box sitting in my garage! lol will be used in teh caprice! lol

SMD-1.png

that. is. clean. damn.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

Super clean.

The box is gorgeous !

But the midbass install is amazing, I LOVE IT ! IN CRE DI BLE !!!

:drinks:

Congrats Man !!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

nice work you arent planning on using both those 1500s on the w7s are ya? eeek

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks guys, yeah steve the G5 box Jamie and I built and tim trimmed.

Yeah, the W7s each had a 1500 but as they are only 3 ohm, each would only see 500-700w RMS. By moving onto the Orion XTR Pros, I was able to gain more cone area and the ability to utilise the birthed 1800w RMS per amp for each sub

Archived