Sonic Electronix

Is this a good begginer build

look at audioque's new line. the 2.0's $89 for a 12" http://www.audioque.com/SD-20-Series-Subwoofers_c_15.html

and maybe a aq750 to go along with them. over rms but i bet you can set the gains right. and they can probably take it any way.

http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html

look at my super internets it beast!

http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png

DONT GET AUDIOPIPE. I scoped my system and the amp still set fire... And kranny on the forums his did too... within a month <_<

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I've installed close to 10 Audiopipe amps and all are still running PERFECTLY. And come very close to doing rated.

Some are going on a year now. Only time I had an issue was an AP3000 run at 1 ohm. Even then it lasted a couple months before burning itself out.

Hfi line...shit. I have not seen one do rated and the amps just suck. It's not a very good line. I think the RMS rating is at a voltage the amp isn't even capable of running safely.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Im surprised no one has thrown out the mb quart 1500.1s... There is a seller on eBay selling 10 of them at 199 each and iv installed 2 in friends cars and had good output... And my chick is Abt to get 1 and 2 or 3 DC lvl2 8" :)

-But the audioque's as stated above seem to be a good choice/\

-and I would say to not cheap out on an amp, I haven't had experience with audiopipe so idk but a decent sub amp will payoff in the end IMO..

-also the pioneer champs seem to be a decent and cheap selection...

-IMO I would go on and read up on box building and calculating, and try to build it your self mostly bc any and all prefab boxes pretty much suck and are way over priced "this is just my opinon!" lol

Anyways good luck man I'd say buy the headunit and mounting/ wiring kit get that in an get familiar with it, then maybe save up and try to have 500 to spend on subs or sub, sub amp, wood for box (may only need a sheet, but also consider screws and glue or silicone) and wires.... I may be corrected on this but the wiring kits at Walmart will work for lower power stuff (beginner building) jmo...

I just did a budget build for a friend at work... Kept his first budget under 400, he first found out fairly quick he wanted a better headunit with sub control and freq adjustment... And then we also upgraded from a 300w kenwood amp to the mb quart 1500 onyx :) now he's a happy camper!

/\/\ eBay was our friend on lots of his stuff!! Just sayin

Good luck bro!!

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

That MB Q amp is not bad at all. Good choice to make. Better than Audiopipe amps IMO.

So : 2 Pioneer subs, or look at the Audioque stuff on their web site. 1 MB Q amp, the Pioneer deck is good. You need wiring : get the bigger you can with your budget. 0 ga wire from the batt to the trunk would be nice, but you can go with 4 ga.

For the box : build one if you can, or post a link about the one you're interested in on the forum, to have serious opinions.

Good luck. you're on the right track !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

the pioneer deck is good, and those subs are good, but why not just get a mono 1200W pioneer amp. theyre like 150 bucks and it'l push those subs real well. Look for GMD8500M - thats their best mono amp, excepting of course the Stage 4 stuff. (which is about 1500 dollars or something crazy)

Max rated.

The MB does have good output, but I would still look at Audiopipe. This allows you to factor wood, wiring, and possibly some damplifier in a $500 budget.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived