Sonic Electronix

if you do 2 ohms your amp will require 50% more power if i recall right

Indeed it requires 50% more power.

lol, and? What does that matter?

I kinda felt that post was irrelevant myself.

Current Setup: 90' Lumina (My Hoopty)

(2)15 inch Phantom Woofers

(1)3000-watt amp. 1500w RMS

-120 amp alt.

-JVC Deck.

-JVC 4x6's and 6x9's.

-Dual Battery powered.

-All 0 Gauge.

-Big 3 Soon2come.

If the amp is 2ohm stable on each channel then the second set up with each DVC sub wired in parallel down to 2ohm will get the most power.

However the problem I can see is that since it is a 2-channel amp it will be putting out the left and right signal through each sub. When the music was recorded the bass may not have been central and so one sub may move more than the other

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

ahh, you got me confused, i thought you were gonna wire the subs in parallel with each other then to the amp, as long as your amp doesnt have b ridged terminals, you can wire each sub by itself in parallel and then each sub to its own channel and get a 2 ohm load

what amp is it though

ahh, you got me confused, i thought you were gonna wire the subs in parallel with each other then to the amp, as long as your amp doesnt have b ridged terminals, you can wire each sub by itself in parallel and then each sub to its own channel and get a 2 ohm load

what amp is it though

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22059_Boss-PH2.1500.html plz hurry guys my internet gets turned off at 12.

-120 amp alt.

-JVC Deck.

-JVC 4x6's and 6x9's.

-Dual Battery powered.

-All 0 Gauge.

-Big 3 Soon2come.

you will be lucky to get 700-1000 rms out of that amp its not puling 1500 rms per channel or even 750 rms per channel with only 70 amps fusing

but the channels are not bridged internally, so you shoudlnt have an issue wiring them like you want

Ah ok because you can bridge it into 4ohms what you need to do is wire each DVC in parallel to 20hms and then wire those in series to make 4ohms. Then put that 4ohm load into the correct bridging terminals on the amp.

But it is a Boss amp and you won't be able to get anything like that power. Go on their website and try to get the proper manual

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

Okay guys really appreciate the help, and surprisingly its true to there rating at 4ohms ill let you know how wiring them to 2ohms goes tomorrow. Thanks again.

-120 amp alt.

-JVC Deck.

-JVC 4x6's and 6x9's.

-Dual Battery powered.

-All 0 Gauge.

-Big 3 Soon2come.

Assuming you have a mono signal going into the amp, 2 ohm stereo vs. 4 ohm mono is essentially the same thing (as far as you are using it) and you won't notice any difference.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Assuming you have a mono signal going into the amp, 2 ohm stereo vs. 4 ohm mono is essentially the same thing (as far as you are using it) and you won't notice any difference.

Wiring my amp to 2ohms increases the power drastically and it makes quite a difference, i hooked it up today and it runs good but the amp gets hot.....but it is a sloppy Boss amp....oh well hits harder....IK it wont last but it only needs to for two months. Thanks again guys.

-Also its putting out 710-730 watts on each channel on my old-school watt meter.

Edited by ClarkB

-120 amp alt.

-JVC Deck.

-JVC 4x6's and 6x9's.

-Dual Battery powered.

-All 0 Gauge.

-Big 3 Soon2come.