10 Cubes, 190 Sqin Of Port, 28 Hertz, 2 18"s

so.. this is for my 92 chevy caprice Wagon..

it should be loud as hell

sweet!

this will be run off of my 9.1, its currently teo elemental designs 219os and I eventually plan on upgrading, both the subs and the amp...

as the title says, this is 28 hertz, 10 cubes, 190sqin of port woot

so.. with no further ado...

I originally wanted to do a flush mount, but.. I was too nervous about space requirements....

see?

Posted Image

**** that

construction beginning

Posted Image

clamps and brads all the way around.. such a clean look when compared to screws

Posted Image

straight cuts for the mother****ing win

Posted Image

look, it doubles as a tool box

Posted Image

for refernce, the straight edge (silver strip in front of box down low) is 50" long... its big

Posted Image

this isnt final assembly

my jigsaw died, and Im still not proficient with my router for holes.. so I still need to put in the port, and the front, as well as the top, in the pics above about half of the pieces are a dry fit

asssembly is finished, no new pics though.. should be up and running tommorrow morning... woot!

***update***

***update***

back of the wall done.. need some more trim panels though...

also re did some wiring and put some interior panels back in. woot! fter over a year of being in pieces its coming back together.. finally lol

I just need to replace my missing door panel now..

pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

woot!

Im doing some more external bracing tommorrow morning after work, as well as trying to squeeze some all thread into the mix somehow

lookin like a good start

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

did u brace this at all? and get a jasper jig for your router. its worth it.....trust me.

yeah, three way 2x4s, port to side, front to back, and bottom to top..

I brace everything, especially big shit like this lol, not my first rodeo with these big ass subs lol

I know, I know, I really need to, I have cutting through a double baffle with a fucking jig saw, but I dont build real often, so I always forget to order one till its too damn late lol

Ill put up some pics of the bracing tommorrow when I put up everything else

damn, 10 cubes and 28 hertz. real low.

and i would really hope those werent finished pics as far as the face goes cause there is a nice sized gap between port wall and baffle i think.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg