Sundown Audio

Need A Good Amp?

white_boi_audio

That amp only has 2 25amp fuses, so it's actual RMS at 2ohms per channel would be around 200 x 2. Trust me, save up just a little bit more, get something slightly beefier & I swear you'll be happier than with an amp like that.

What would be a good amp under 150 or right at 150 shipped that would give them 200 rms a piece and I want a amp with a bass knob? But if I use the bass knob like steve does could that blow the subs by turning up the bass knob.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Give that AP2000 a try, it's really not a bad amp & has a bassknob. 900Rms or...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=16547

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Give that AP2000 a try, it's really not a bad amp & has a bassknob. 900Rms or...

You know thats a sony amp right?

Well thats what the link was!!!!!!

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

You know thats a sony amp right?

Well thats what the link was!!!!!!

It'll do its rated rms, its not a bad amp for your price range. I have an old ass sony 4 channel that I power my sub with and it still works to this day.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

It'll do its rated rms, its not a bad amp for your price range. I have an old ass sony 4 channel that I power my sub with and it still works to this day.

I didn't see a bass knob though?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

because there isn't one lol, do you have to have one?

Look at what Chris said he said its a AP2000 and that it has a bass knob, I think he gave me the wrong link? Cause that sony isn't a AP2000 with a bassknob.

Edit : He wants me to look at a AP2000 and then he said or the sony amp which does 900 rms.

Edited by white_boi_audio

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Well guys need some more suggestions on a two channel amp that can do 800 rms at 2 ohms stereo, so 400 watts each channel. Dont wanna spend over 150 shipped if that helps..

:D :D :D:P:p:P:p:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I know its over your budget, but if you save a week or two longer Id get this.

These things are starting to look good to me for somereason I think its the heatsink design that looks so much like my ext3000d.

Class D monoblock

$234.99

1500wrms x 1 @ 1 ohm.

I deff think they are good starter amps, and they are strappable, which is always a bonus.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_10084_Powe...SA-1500.1D.html

Dont crap out and buy some cheap amp.. You will always want to upgrade. You started with 2 tens, now you got 4 and needing a new amp, so get a decent amp, then after you had this setup for a while, your going want to make it louder, and you may buy new subs again, and you may run into the possability that the new amp you just bought wont be enough power for the new subs you want. If it makes sense, it will save you money in the long run. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I need some more amp suggestions to do like 150 to 200 watss rms to each ten and a bass knob. The amp has to be 2 channel and 2 ohms stereo

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"