What is the best soap to use before waxing and claying

Hey I dont know if you have started yet but if you need products or have questions check out this site.

http://www.autoprodetailproducts.com/

This is my family's business. If you need help with getting the right products for the job, just call the number listed on the site and talk to Barbara.

Edited by CJ18

Hey I dont know if you have started yet but if you need products or have questions check out this site.

This is my family's business. If you need help with getting the right products for the job, just call the number listed on the site and talk to Barbara.

really i checked out the site and it has the "ultimate cleaning cloth" on sale from 6.00 to 0.00 (FREE)! CJ is that a typo or legit?

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Ok cool thanks bro I'll go ahead n order some things from u guys

<script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/downloads/banner_link.asp?p_id=18'></script>

I was told by some local detailers that dish soap or hand soap fucks with your paint and puts scratched in it, but thats just what i heard.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

i used dawn dish soap on my truck cause the dirt n shit i had on it car wash stuff wouldn't do it justice, and then i rewaxed it and it looks ok for now, gotta wash it again

how u keep wheels clean? i wanna repaint mine that brushed aluminum look cause there chipped but i get hella break dust on my front wheels

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I was told by some local detailers that dish soap or hand soap fucks with your paint and puts scratched in it, but thats just what i heard.

That right there would be enough for me to never do business with them cause they clearly don't know what they're talking about. You know dish soap is just a liquid, right? You know it doesn't have any abrasive qualities, right? If dish soap can scratch your paint, so can car wash soap! The main difference between the two is that car was soap has a stronger degreasing ability than most car wash soap and dish soap doesn't contain the gloss enhancers car was soap does or the protective ingredients like carnuba wax or other synthetic polymers. So for somebody who was wondering if it's ok to wash their car regularly with dish soap, no. But if you're planning on claying/polishing your car after the wash, using dish soap would be fine because it'll strip the car of any wax build up on it. You don't necessarily have to use dish soap if you just plan on waxing afterwards, unless you've waxed it a few times since last stripping it.

i used dawn dish soap on my truck cause the dirt n shit i had on it car wash stuff wouldn't do it justice, and then i rewaxed it and it looks ok for now, gotta wash it again

how u keep wheels clean? i wanna repaint mine that brushed aluminum look cause there chipped but i get hella break dust on my front wheels

After I clean my wheels I apply a synthetic polymer sealant to them, it's way more durable than any "wheel wax" product out there cause it actually bonds to the wheels surface...those wheel wax products are carnuba based and are sensitive to heat, which is why they aren't as durable as synthetics. So I apply a coat or two of my sealant of choice, Chemical Guys JetSeal 109. It doesn't stop brake dust from getting on the wheels but does make it much easier to get it off and provides a layer of protection to the wheels that wheel wax just can't.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

really i checked out the site and it has the "ultimate cleaning cloth" on sale from 6.00 to 0.00 (FREE)! CJ is that a typo or legit?

I am checking on that now. While I was home I do remember my dad not being completely happy with the Ultimate Cloth so they may have quit carrying the product and are giving them away with orders.

If anyone needs any car detailing products just send an email to [email protected] and say that Cody sent you and my family will get you taken care of.