Truck reving by itself in idle???

So i was outside today just messing around cut on my truck to let it warm up and when its in idle (PARK) it revs up by its self and sounds like someone is in the car pushing the gas pedal and then it slowly starts to sound like its off.. It only does it in PARK and when its in drive it wont do it...

So is there anything that could be a problem?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Does your truck have a old school carburetor? If it does they tend to do that. My parents cars had carbs on them and when it was cold outside if it was just sitting in the driveway it would slowly rev up really high and unless you tapped the gas pedal it would keep going up. Try to just tap your gas pedal and see if it still keeps gaining rpm's. It should when you hit the pedal slow it back down from what it was doing and like a min later start doing it again by raising the rpm. Im not sure why engines with carbs on them do this but they just do. I have never seen this happen with throttle body's or fuel injection engines at all.

Hope this helps.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Is it a Dodge?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Its a 97 Ford explorer XLT

I thought it was because it was cold as hell outside

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Maybe try to clean out your throttle body on your truck. I just had to spend 1700 bucks to fix my truck (04 GMC Envoy) the throttlebody was the main culprit to screwing up the engine all together since it was never cleaned. If your throttle body is completely electronic (if you dont have a throttle cable) then you may have a malfunctioning throttle body like i did and need to replace it. Weird things happen and until you troubleshoot it will be hard to pinpoint what is going on.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Well i dont know how to clean it so i hope it doesnt mess up and i have to spend 1700 to fix it :trippy:

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Its not hard to clean them. Just undo your air filter and your pipe that runs from your intake to the filter and then unbolt your throttle body from there and push it open and clean both sides of the plate and the inside of the body itself. And i dont think u will have to spend near what i did. i had it completely overhauled. Spark plugs, boots, o2 sensor, fuel filter, egr valve, throttle body, and exhaust fan. My truck has 103k miles and the old coot that had it before me i dont think ever took care of it.

Well mine has 160k and the kid that had it took no care AT ALL you could tell

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

could it be a small vacuum leak? ive seen them act kinda like this too...how high are we revving and how fst does it get there and come back down?

it seriously sound like somebody is reving it in burst noting ridiculous didnt pay atention to numbers or RPMs but it didnt sound like somebody was pushing the petal to the floor LOL

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived