How Do You Cut Thick Wire...I Wanna Know.

So, we've all been there. Need to cut some 0 gauge wire, but don't have or can't find the big wire cutters. This situation presented itself today when we were at the shop switching amps, and the bossman decided, "Hey, maybe I'll try to put an extra battery in while we are at it". This is what followed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzqaHcIa1zQ

mivtCK.png

That last way works. :drink40:

I use big bolt cutters and then a razor blade for the jacket.

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

butter knife

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

I use large Tin Snips

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

464345.jpg

i bought the large pair on the left for cutting heavy wire. good klein cutters, got em at home depot for $25. but ive used a hacksaw before. this just seems too dangerous for my blood though lol

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

i used wire cutters and little by little its alot safer than this

x2. i would never use power tools to cut wire. HOWEVER... the sawzall would have worked a lot better if the wire was against the guard and not allowed to just move back and forth with the blade. no offense but it looked like you guys were just being stupid and didnt know how to use the tool. of course we have all been working on something and just were not thinking rite at the time.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

^^^^^^I'm not a pussy, and this didn't really look like a bad idea...but once I actually held the wire while kelly was cutting, it began to feel like an extremely bad idea. Kinda like if you seen your bungee cord start to fray, and the guy says, "Don't worry, it will still hold, just jump!" Thats the feeling I had as he began to cut. So I let go, let him hold it since it was his idea, and he let me cut.

mivtCK.png

i used wire cutters and little by little its alot safer than this

x2. i would never use power tools to cut wire. HOWEVER... the sawzall would have worked a lot better if the wire was against the guard and not allowed to just move back and forth with the blade. no offense but it looked like you guys were just being stupid and didnt know how to use the tool. of course we have all been working on something and just were not thinking rite at the time.

yeah...we were kinda in a hurry. Had the wives sitting behind us (thats who was holding the cam) telling us to hurry up b/c they were hungry and ready to go...you know how women can be. So instead of going back home to get the proper tools, we just "Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome" as kelly says in the vid.

mivtCK.png

^^^^^^I'm not a pussy, and this didn't really look like a bad idea...but once I actually held the wire while kelly was cutting, it began to feel like an extremely bad idea. Kinda like if you seen your bungee cord start to fray, and the guy says, "Don't worry, it will still hold, just jump!" Thats the feeling I had as he began to cut. So I let go, let him hold it since it was his idea, and he let me cut.

lmao, ya, I know the feeling.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived