Sonic Electronix

Definitely check that out, at least see what it is. If it does happen to be a crossover, you should be able to adjust the LPF for the sub to your liking.

Taking the rear deck off my car is a pain in the ass but alright haha, thanks for the info!

If you can take pictures of it too that will help us figure out what it is.

Will do, been shitty weather down here in upstate south carolina, when the weather gets better and stuff I'll get it done.

what HU do you have? are you sure you are setting a LPF and not just the EQ?

I have the Sony CDX-GT740UI, it's layout is pretty fool-proof. You have a subwoofer equalizer that lets you control, DB's + or - 10, hz filter (set on 80hz by me), and another selection that allows the sub to play in regular or reverse. The highs and mids also have similar options and I believe I have its Hz filter set on 140 or 160.

that is not a crossover. that is a parametric EQ. you are selecting 80hz and boosting or cutting it. your HU does not have a crossover, and most dont.

what wires go to the "box" are they speaker wires or RCAs? what kind of speakers did you get installed? were they component speakers?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what HU do you have? are you sure you are setting a LPF and not just the EQ?

I have the Sony CDX-GT740UI, it's layout is pretty fool-proof. You have a subwoofer equalizer that lets you control, DB's + or - 10, hz filter (set on 80hz by me), and another selection that allows the sub to play in regular or reverse. The highs and mids also have similar options and I believe I have its Hz filter set on 140 or 160.

that is not a crossover. that is a parametric EQ. you are selecting 80hz and boosting or cutting it. your HU does not have a crossover, and most dont.

what wires go to the "box" are they speaker wires or RCAs? what kind of speakers did you get installed? were they component speakers?

Ahhhh, my bad. I'm fairly new to car audio/installation and all that. I replaced my factory speakers with some kind Kicker 2 ways which is when I saw the box, at the time we were in a hurry to get my car back together so we didn't really take time to look at or mess with the box so I don't remember anything about it pertaining to wires and what was on it. If I remember correctly I think it was blue and black maybe some silver. I'll get pics and stuff when I get the time

its ok, I made the same mistake for a long time.

if the speakers are components then it could have been a crossover. if the car has a factory amplifier you may have been looking at that. just guessing.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

couldn't you fry the coils on your sub if highs run through it?.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

i dont think u can fry a coil with highs could be wrong but i think a woofer just cant do highs so the coil will be fine unlike sending a low to a tweater that would fry it maybe theres more power in the low notes then the highs

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i dont think u can fry a coil with highs could be wrong but i think a woofer just cant do highs so the coil will be fine unlike sending a low to a tweater that would fry it maybe theres more power in the low notes then the highs

it has nothing to do with the amount of power on the tweeters. they are designed to only vibrate. sending them a low signal basically makes them bottom out because of the long waveform. with subs, its the opposite. the short waveforms dont move the sub so it doesnt cool itself.

it has nothing to do with the amount of power on the tweeters. they are designed to only vibrate. sending them a low signal basically makes them bottom out because of the long waveform. with subs, its the opposite. the short waveforms dont move the sub so it doesnt cool itself.

so if you do it long enough it overheats and can suffer damage?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Archived