Sonic Electronix

What i Learned today from a "pro"

Decided to stop at my local shop and see what all the "new" hype was about...well they now carry DB Drive and Hifonics in house :) how exciting right! So i got to talking with the owner, who is a "pro" in the car audio world, and he told me some things that i never knew...

1. Rockford Fosgate is junk, no better than Lanzar, T1000 will only put out about 800 watts true power... :orly3:

2. DB Drive makes some of the best and most efficient amps available right now :woot:

3. It isnt recommended to have an amp that needs 0/1 gauge because its too hard to ground.stick with 2 or 4 gauge :good:

4. Alpine decks are junk, kenwood/pioneer is top of the line :yahoo:

5. The prefabbed boxes that he has are better than any custom built box 8)

6. To run a T2 12 and a T1000 amp, im going to need to plan on spending AT LEAST $3000.00 after buying sub and amp, because im going to need 2 more batteries, a H.O. Alternator, a 5 Farad Cap, 100ft of 4 gauge(i drive a grand marquis), isolators, and other "misc" items.... :rofl:

Lemme know what you guys think...ohhhhh and he doesnt know who Steve Meade is and DC Audio is "prob just some company smacking stickers on cheap subs"

THIS IS THE START OF A PROBLEM THATS LACKING A SOLUTION

nice. good info to kno. i thought alpine was pretty good. but i have a pioneer deck myself. :clapping:

powerbass_logo_orange2-1.jpg

JENSEN 7" FLIP OUT H/U

*2 5 1/4 PIONEER DOOR SPEAKERS

*4 PLANET AUDIO TWEETERS

*2 6X9 PIONEER SPEAKERS

*2 12 POWERBASS 3XL'S

3000 WATT POWERBASS AMP

I would definitely come to him with ALL car audio questions if I were you. Seems like a very reliable resource.

:clapping: i guess i have to. hes pro i mean come on who would take advice from a forum full of noobs :rofl::lol:

2. DB Drive makes some of the best and most efficient amps available right now :woot:

We know this is true ... NOT !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

nice. good info to kno. i thought alpine was pretty good. but i have a pioneer deck myself. :clapping:

lol are you taking this seriously? :rofl:

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

:lol::lol::lol: i guess alot of people here are doing this whole car audio thing wrong

:drinks: At least were all doing it wrong together tho :good: TEAMWORK

Wow. I just talked to the owner of a new shop here and asks how much he sold 1/0 guage for he said $9 a foot. I asked if he had a term lab, he said "what's that?". I asked if he had any kind of DB meter and he said "yea I can order one for you". :( I don't see this shOp lasting long

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Archived