Second Skin Audio

Limited space. What would you do?

btw, with your 10" in that enclosure you have now you're getting about -2.7db across the board, thats a super inefficient box for that sub, but thats not a very good sub so im not suprised, but suprisingly, the 12" version of that is a much better sub, you dont see that often.... anyways, we really have to wait for pics and junk like that before we can really tell you what you can and cant do man.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Here's pics as of now. You can't really see the space in the spare tire well:

100_44391600x1200.jpg

100_44401600x1200.jpg

Where I measured was in front of the spare tire, kind of under the rear seat. Here's what I came up with:

Width-21" max

Height-9.5" max

Depth-Approximately 8" max at the middle of the tire, around 10" to 10.5" at the edges of the tire (if that makes any sense).

Doesn't look like I'd be able to fit much in there after all.

Edit: I guess I could cut out all that black styrofoam stuff, but I really don't want to tear anything up too much.

Edited by Dan208

btw, with your 10" in that enclosure you have now you're getting about -2.7db across the board, thats a super inefficient box for that sub, but thats not a very good sub so im not suprised, but suprisingly, the 12" version of that is a much better sub, you dont see that often.... anyways, we really have to wait for pics and junk like that before we can really tell you what you can and cant do man.

Well what type of box would you suggest to be more "efficient" in his setup now?

Also, what program are you using?

Never heard this before! Need more info.

There is no difference between the 10" dcon and 12" dcon, except cone size, which would also dictate proper enclosure volume. The slightly larger cone will not effect the specs enough to audibly sound better or worse, if each is used in it's appropriate volume.

So BanginOnABudget, what other non-sense can you propose today?

Edited by stefanhinote
sighl.jpg

i personally would do 2 dc lvl 2 8"s in a ported box

I've looking into those, but they're a out of my budget.

they're having a sale on them now i just saw. you could do a 4th order. could be 2-3 cubes

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/