Ok, so now that I'm not playin lacrosse full time I decided to join the gym and lift for the first time ever..I've got a friend showing me what all the good weightlifting things to do are and stuff.

Mostly what I'm wondering is what is a good amount to be repping with squats? I'm 6'1-2 and about 205..my lower body has always been pretty strong but I've literally never touched a weight with my legs until today, I expected ~200 would be good..but it was really easy..so I started moving up and got to around 260 before I really started to actually put some effort into it..I could do the sets of 12 with ease still but I was worried that if I did too much I would hurt myself..guess I'm just looking on suggestions on how Much I should be doing

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

What kind of form do you have when your doing them. If your doing perfect form 260 should NOT be easy.

I'm 5'9" at 165lbs and i can BARELY do a set of 10 at 180lbs with perfect form. And i have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week for the past 6 months with stupid strict discipline.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

i made sure my form was good, i had a few of my friends make sure i was doing it right..and it's not like this is the first time i've done something athletic..when i played lacrosse i'd always run and be on my legs all the time..my legs are by far the largest/strongest part of my body

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

Being a running athlete, I would say to stay in the 10-12 rep range with proper form, and try controlled down explosive up reps, but don't bounce. Pause at the top of each rep, it should almost feel like 12 singles. 4 sets of 12 followed by bodyweight plyometrics (box jumps and such) would be a good compliment to the sports. If you do the squats the way i've stated, I doubt you will using 260.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

What kind of form do you have when your doing them. If your doing perfect form 260 should NOT be easy. I'm 5'9" at 165lbs and i can BARELY do a set of 10 at 180lbs with perfect form. And i have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week for the past 6 months with stupid strict discipline.

Why do you say that?

Being a running athlete, I would say to stay in the 10-12 rep range with proper form, and try controlled down explosive up reps, but don't bounce. Pause at the top of each rep, it should almost feel like 12 singles. 4 sets of 12 followed by bodyweight plyometrics (box jumps and such) would be a good compliment to the sports. If you do the squats the way i've stated, I doubt you will using 260.

This. And I don't believe 260 with perfect form is very difficult at his weight. Maybe at first, but after about three weeks (three to four times doing legs) you'll be laughing at it.

It's easy to get cocky with yourself once you start repping higher numbers. Don't let the 300 or 400 point get the best of you. Concentrate on the form, otherwise you might as well not work out legs. I'm 6'2" I hover between 190 and 200 and I can rep 450 six times, with good form. NOTE: I never said I did it easily lol. It's very taxing, and I only to it for one set. I like to consider my "MAX" set my 6 rep point. I don't believe in "maxes".

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I already do box jumps and jump rope every time i go to the gym(everyday now) as part of my daily cardio stuff..i normally keep my downward motion pretty slow and i normally burst up as fast as i can without losing the right form

Build in Progress

I agree, Neo. The weight will increase very quickly at first, especially since he is athletic already. Form is key, though, can't be said enough. As far as maxing out, there's no need unless thats what you train for. I do triples and singles because I train for powerlifting. OP, keep your reps above 8.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I agree, Neo. The weight will increase very quickly at first, especially since he is athletic already. Form is key, though, can't be said enough. As far as maxing out, there's no need unless thats what you train for. I do triples and singles because I train for powerlifting. OP, keep your reps above 8.

I do, i always make sure i can do 10-12 of whatever i'm doing..whether it's upper or lower body..i know i'm not supposed to be doing high weight and low reps until i've cut the fat i'm trying to cut and wanna gain more back.

Build in Progress