DC Sound Lab

The real power handling of an XL

If money is an issue then why throw 3500 watts to a driver? I'm just saying regardless of enclosure and clamped power, it will be pushed to near its limit...and then pushed like that daily. If money was an issue split the power giving them like 2000-2500 a piece.

the plan is a DC 5k or the new crescendo 5.5k, but probly the DC cuz i like to match my stuff. :good:

thanks for the input everybody, much appreciated

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Anyone care to mention enclosure, i could fry a XL in about 1 minute flat off a 2000W amplifier....IF ITS NOT MOVING

DEPENDS ON YOUR ENCLOSURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The xl does not have alot of cooling built into the motor, as long as the sub is moving, the coil is cooling, even better inverted or in a box with good airflow.

Just because you have 2000W clamped doesnt mean your getting anymore output than 1000W clamped. TL, Voltmeters, and a proper enclosure should be addressed before you try to play 5000W+ to a single sub.

Edited by mr.p

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

If money is an issue then why throw 3500 watts to a driver? I'm just saying regardless of enclosure and clamped power, it will be pushed to near its limit...and then pushed like that daily. If money was an issue split the power giving them like 2000-2500 a piece.

the plan is a DC 5k or the new crescendo 5.5k, but probly the DC cuz i like to match my stuff. :good:

i think either one of those would be a nice combo. or even an AQ3500, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

the plan is a DC 5k or the new crescendo 5.5k, but probably the DC cuz i like to match my stuff. :good:

i think either one of those would be a nice combo. or even an AQ3500, lol.

I rather spend 100 more on the Crescendo. 5000+ watts vs 4200watts.

Also, as far as "matching", is the extra few hundred dollars worth matching name brands if the internals of both amps are VERY similar. ;)

Equally priced or close, I could see it. But if you have to pay close to MAP pricing on the DC, I'm not sure its worth it. I'm just saying.

As far as whoever is complaining about this thread, don't read it then. Read the first page and that's it. But when you throw 3500rms to a XL without real knowledge, don't whine and complain when you no longer have a working sub. I wasn't arguing but trying to educate the ones who JUST read and don't post.