DC Sound Lab

The real power handling of an XL

There are alot of thing that have to be done right and done by someone that knows exactly what they are doing but it can be done. But remember that if you fry the coil, that is on you and not on the company that made the sub.

X2.

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

I'm sure I'll get corrected but clay from the A team has done a ton and I mean a TON of testing with the XLs and supposedly a stock XL can take 3K with the right box and user... Supposedly anything above 3K just generates heat..... An jeff is running close to 5k on each of his (2 1100.1s on 4 XLs) but he's got an upgraded spider pack (assortment of soft and mediums) that if Iirc was advised by clay...

the XL is louder than a lvl 5 up to 3kw, but the XL can handle 3.5kw...

OP if ur wanting to buy a 3.5k amp id go for the XL>5, after rise & voltage drop u will prolly see <3kw from the amp...

=]

This is what I was getting to....are you talking about running a clamped at the sub 3,500 at the sub or you talking like 3.5k amp then as stated above after rise etc... You'd be more like 2.5-3k

Two totally different beast lol

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

my teammate is running roughly 3k a piece on his XLs, and I feel that they are basically maxxed out...but that is CLAMPED 3k...

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Not going to recommend it but if you know what you are doing and can properly scope your entire system from HU to amps and make sure it is PERFECTLY CLEAN POWER, you will be pushing them to their absolute daily limit. Also a custom spider pack will be needed to help handle all of the extra power.

lol no you dont. mt team mate ran an SD12k to a pair of XLs and ive been doing two 3ks at .5ohm for several months. nothing special about the spiders. in fact, my box is rather large.

yes, as long as you are smart, the XL will take a 3.5k amp just fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm sure I'll get corrected but clay from the A team has done a ton and I mean a TON of testing with the XLs and supposedly a stock XL can take 3K with the right box and user... Supposedly anything above 3K just generates heat..... An jeff is running close to 5k on each of his (2 1100.1s on 4 XLs) but he's got an upgraded spider pack (assortment of soft and mediums) that if Iirc was advised by clay...

the XL is louder than a lvl 5 up to 3kw, but the XL can handle 3.5kw...

OP if ur wanting to buy a 3.5k amp id go for the XL>5, after rise & voltage drop u will prolly see <3kw from the amp...

=]

This is what I was getting to....are you talking about running a clamped at the sub 3,500 at the sub or you talking like 3.5k amp then as stated above after rise etc... You'd be more like 2.5-3k

Two totally different beast lol

yes, clamped REAL power...

ive been wondering what they will take for burps tho...

ive seen lvl 5s burped on 19kw =]

Edited by matt402

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg