DC Sound Lab

i have never heard dc coils burn easy. my coils looked brand new when i reconed them after over a year of abuse. and i did get them smelly a few times. team mate never burnt a coil when he used a 12k on them. :shrug:

who burnt their coils 4 times?

ever think if the same person keeps burning subs... it could be the user?

It was alpine who burnt them up.... I edited my first post because I didn't want to trash talk to much ...... I found it odd that skittles didn't even know his teammate went through re cones like he did. I witnessed him do it 3 times myself

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

I plan on running xl's still!! I have witnessed a few dozen DC lvl 4xl installs and if done right they are Winners with no apparent issues except the the idiots behind the volume knob. I've been known to burnt a coil or 3 before too.

I plan on running xl's still!! I have witnessed a few dozen DC lvl 4xl installs and if done right they are Winners with no apparent issues except the the idiots behind the volume knob. I've been known to burnt a coil or 3 before too.

You just called yourself an idiot.. LOL! and me too... <_<:santa:

i have never heard dc coils burn easy. my coils looked brand new when i reconed them after over a year of abuse. and i did get them smelly a few times. team mate never burnt a coil when he used a 12k on them. :shrug:

It was alpine who burnt them up.... I edited my first post because I didn't want to trash talk to much ...... I found it odd that skittles didn't even know his teammate went through re cones like he did. I witnessed him do it 3 times myself

I can't figure out how people blow subs repeatly without really knowing any better.

I mean after the first time, they should of figured out what caused it and understand the warning signs.

I mean there is expections. Like people in extreme conditions, and understand before hand its either gonna go or blow. And alway push subs to the limits for certain reasons, SPL being one. But other than that, blowing a sub more than once is almost pure stupidity, unless for a few exceptions.

uhh... he never burnt a coil, MAYBE once, i wasn't at that show. he ripped a couple triple joints. i dont know how you could have been there each time. one was in Tennessee, and I was there. and one time was because of bad glue from DC and im pretty sure it failed in testing, not at a show. plus he had a 12k on them lol. they SHOULD be failing with that much power lol.

trust me, i know more about my best friend's system than you do. :good:

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm getting the same smell (different woofer but similar specs), I was only running 900 watts to each woofer for the past year, and now I switched to 15-1800 watts per sub....maybe the low power didn't burn the glue? :trippy:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

uhh... he never burnt a coil, MAYBE once, i wasn't at that show. he ripped a couple triple joints. i dont know how you could have been there each time. one was in Tennessee, and I was there. and one time was because of bad glue from DC and im pretty sure it failed in testing, not at a show. plus he had a 12k on them lol. they SHOULD be failing with that much power lol.

trust me, i know more about my best friend's system than you do. :good:

That's coo that you know more about your best friends system then he does... but he knows more about your system than you do....

:santa:

(I am tired... don't even kno if that made any sense... LOL)

I can't figure out how people blow subs repeatly without really knowing any better.

I mean after the first time, they should of figured out what caused it and understand the warning signs.

I mean there is expections. Like people in extreme conditions, and understand before hand its either gonna go or blow. And alway push subs to the limits for certain reasons, SPL being one. But other than that, blowing a sub more than once is almost pure stupidity, unless for a few exceptions.

Well, the last sub that I blew, (today actually), an amp failed on me and started putting straight DC current into the subs... So, I kinda lost out 2 fold on this one... amp and sub...

As competitors we will clip if it's required to win! However, we try and avoid this but if your in a headed comp .... well a little smell for 30 seconds is better than a loss. My first one was completely my fault. The other ones we were trying to BLOW SA 8's, I myself have never had to recone a DC. The only subs I have had to recone are Sundown and PAP.