Are fiberglassed door panels a must for SQ?

S15_Silvia

As the title says- I'm looking into a system for the future, which should have some Hybrid Audio Clarus components. I don't really want to do fiberglass on the door panels, at least not soon- I'm pretty sure I'd mess them up. I understand that through making custom panels, you can point the midranges where you want, and achieve better imaging. However, I plan to deaden the hell out of my doors, and install the speakers in the stock location, with the tweeters in the A pillars. Let me know what you guys think...:popcorn:

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

there not a must but if u want 2 do stageing u might have 2

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I have my tweeters in the a pillars and my drivers in my kick pannels ... Nothing in my doors ... My build log is on my Tech # 7084 ComCast Maintenance

Bro ... Please check it out and let me know what you think ... Just a suggestion, thanks ... Randal ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My signature bro ... This damn blackberry threw my Comcast call tag on there for some reason ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

it isnt needed. just look at MECA's street and stock class in SQ. and to aim a 6.5 at you would require the speaker to be almost 90* to the panel. no one wants a speaker sticking out 6.5". you dont need to point them at you to get decent imaging. you do need time alignment and a lot of processing though.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thanks for the replies everyone- even at 3:30 in the damn morning my time!

@Cablguy184: I checked out your build thread when you put it up- I must say, Linear Power has me interested, but I already have this Rockford Power 1000 that I just bought :good:

It sounds like I won't have to glass- and @skittlesRgood: there is a Rockford 360.3 in the works for this, most likely. It's still in the baby stages, but I'll toss up my initial list if anyone wants to take a gander...

Deck: unknown. Preferably a DVD receiver with 3 sets of 4v outputs, or 5.1 processing, still 4v outs.

-Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5s

-Hybrid Audio Clarus 5.25s

-Fi Audio Q 12" w/cooling and High Qts options, sealed enclosure

-XS Power D3400+ big three

-Rockford Power 1000 in sig

-SS DAmplifier Pro all around

JUST a parts list, and all I have right now is the amp. I'm budgeting maybe three grand for this FUTURE build, but thought I'd ask a few scrub questions beforehand :woot:

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Thanks bro ...

• 1 month later...

I own a set of hybrid audio imagine's. Love those speakers so your choice of the clarus IMO is a great choice.

you really don't need to glass... for car audio it can be beneficial to have speakers slightly of axis (30 degrees is common in kicks)

I have my tweeters in the a pillars and my drivers in my kick pannels ... Nothing in my doors ... My build log is on my Tech # 7084 ComCast Maintenance

Bro ... Please check it out and let me know what you think ... Just a suggestion, thanks ... Randal ...

Actually after alot of consideration, I'm removing the modified kick pannels and mounitng the 6.5s in the doors (stock locations) ... Putting stock pannels back into the kicks ...

There is alot of work to do to my doors ... but I do not see any fiberglass work that needs to be done ... Everything will be posted in my build log ...

Changes being made mainly for low end response and wider stageing (couple of other small reasons but those are the main ones) ...

Archived