Sonic Electronix

can you make a box from 5/8" particle board

can i make somekind of sub box from some interior wall 5/8" partcleboard.. i got some scrap wood and i think anybox would be better than the one i have now

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

yeah its just gonna be a fuckaround box so i was figuring lots of bracing glue and screws

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

You can but it won't be very strong and you'll end up spending more money to brace it and glass it to get it as stout as an 3/4" mdf box.

I say just get some 3/4" mdf man and do work

i got lots of hardwood scrap laying around. so bracing isnt a problem

You can but it won't be very strong and you'll end up spending more money to brace it and glass it to get it as stout as an 3/4" mdf box.

You'll still wanna seal it with resin though cause particle board is pretty porous.

What are you trying to run on how much power?

Edited by flashlight_65

Will it work? Yes, for a while. If u got enough wood, double it up. I onlly did it once bout 15 years ago for 2 tens on 300 watts. It worked for 4 months till I upgraded to 1 15 with a good ported box with mdf. It will flex but should get u by for a bit till u can get some better materials.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

You'll still wanna seal it with resin though cause particle board is pretty porous.

What are you trying to run on how much power?

just a shitty lil bazooka 12 on like 400 watts. its not a really big box

just 2 cubes ported

Will it work? Yes, for a while. If u got enough wood, double it up. I onlly did it once bout 15 years ago for 2 tens on 300 watts. It worked for 4 months till I upgraded to 1 15 with a good ported box with mdf. It will flex but should get u by for a bit till u can get some better materials.

yeah thats all im looking for. something to mess around with till i can get my real build going