problem running 2 different batteries in battery bank?

i was reading around the internet and came upon some people saying that using different batteries will lessen the overall life of all the batteries. i also read that this will also occur if your starting battery and secondaries are different.

i was going to run 2 different RV batteries i had laying around until i could get something better.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

No, running 2 different TYPES of batteries can hurt (example- AGM and lithium ion)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

if you have a lead-acid, and a dry cell battery, the drycell will tend to hold a little bit higher voltage than the lead-acid battery, so they will usualy try to even out the voltages. this doesnt always happen, its realy kind of a crapshoot if it does or not. if you are adding lead-acid batteries to a system already using lead-acid batteries, i dont see any problem with that as long as your alt. can charge all the batteries, otherwise you can burn the alt up real quick. just make sure they are the same type. they dont have to be brand or size matching, just make sure the contents of all the batteries are the same and you should be fine.

edit: ninjd by hdorre <_<

Edited by Bass_Man_2010

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

oh baby imma ask it.

im gonna ask it.

where do you find what type of battery it is? i looked on the label and the only thing that caught my eye was sulphuric acid on both.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

the reason i emphisize the gently is i told a guy to go do this once, it turns out he had a servicable battery, and he went out shaking the battery like he was in the friggin WWE. only after it lost its service caps and jizzed all over him did he learn that it was a wet cell battery. he was very pissed, threatned to sue me and walked out. that was just under a year ago, never seen him since. so i emphasize the gently part for safety reasons. \thread jack

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc