Name Brand vs. "Underground"

This is exactly why i decided against retail for my business and went strictly with installation and consultation, There are still people out there with the money that want you to buy the stuff for them and that is fine, and in that case its easier for me to suggest DC or Sundown, ETC. because those people have know idea whats best anyway, hence why they want you to get it for them ! But as far as these guys on YouTube go, some people on here are right, we are giving them free publicity and if we owned a shop that was licensed to sale a certain product, we would push that product if it put more money in our pockets !!

so are these potential cock gobblers people i should know? i understand they are retailers/ audio shop, but if youre goin to choose to be a reliable source you should try to be as truthful and precise as possible, not just try to push your equipment. thats just my 2 cent

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

You can tell that the guy that was answering the question about the underground companies was treading softly trying not to get caught saying the wrong thing about any of the brands listed.

One thing I find funny is that the guy said that they are sq guys and the small underground companies are just simple spl woofers. One thing I'm sure that the guy didn't know is that T3 has multiple sq titles with sq competitors using their woofers. I remember reading the topic over at Termpro that was posted about T3's success at the Iasca sq finals and they had a championship or two that year. The install featured 2 TSS 10's mounted in a truck that were visible from underneath and had the magnets open to the elements. So it goes to show that any asshole with a video camera and an opinion can put their incoherant ramblings on youtube for us to laugh at and criticise.

He was all but saying that these manufacturers don't do any r&d like the big name Alpine's or JL's of the industry. That's complete bullshit as well because I've personally watched the progress of Sundown since 2008 and helped with r&d of their products first hand. I've visted the facility several times and have been asked by Jacob to test new designs and modifications to particular products.

One part that I helped him in product performance and reliability was in the Nightshade 12" woofer line. I was one of the few people that was having issues with the origional surrounds on the the 12" version of the woofer and Jacob used me as a guinee pig to test the development of a new surround on that size sub. He made the first ever 12" Nightshade with a rubber surround and gave me a pair to put in my car to do some real world testing with. My job was to report back to him and then have him analize the performance of them. Needless to say that he found that using a rubber surround wasn't the best way to go and came to another conclusion to the problem at hand.

So when this dickface says smaller companies don't do r&d like JL or Alpine he's right to an extent of not spending millions of dollars to test and develop. However, these smaller brands tend to test and put their products through tougher and more extreme conditions than the big name brands would ever need to.

Sorry for the rant and novel all at once, it's ignorant people that just happen to piss me off.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

idk but to me this whole what sub is better or this amp is better. to me all that is like the argument over what car is better. peoiple prefer chevy to ford. or lambo over ferrari. both cars are good. both jl and alpine are very good in there own sense. yes sundown has amps that destroy jl amps becase of sheer power. but that doesnt make jl amps bad. its really prefrence. and most people on youtube dont know better. have i heard a sundown amp? no but ive done enough research and vid watching to know how underrated they can be.

edit: and also its funny this whole underground thing. im sure more people on here have "underground" setups then jl setups. so does that make jl an underground brand???

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Archived