Sonic Electronix

INSTALLERS COME IN NOW!! HELP!! VIDEO UP

grab the ole DMM or test light and figure out what's going on. there's only 3 wires that could be effected. constant +, switched + and ground. figure out which one is shutting off, trace it back as far as you can into the dash, and if you see nothing going on, run a new one to the appropriate location, consult us with questions about where that location should be if theres ANY doubt in yoru mind of where to put it.

that or its just a bad unit that you got.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

grab the ole DMM or test light and figure out what's going on. there's only 3 wires that could be effected. constant +, switched + and ground. figure out which one is shutting off, trace it back as far as you can into the dash, and if you see nothing going on, run a new one to the appropriate location, consult us with questions about where that location should be if theres ANY doubt in yoru mind of where to put it.

I'm using the right wire, consulted with Ray before doing the install(he's done this car before). I'm heading out to by new leads for my DMM. I'll report back to you guys in a bit.

that or its just a bad unit that you got.

I doubt that. Voltage drop to the switched wire sounds the most logical. The memory stays set, so its no the 12v. We'll see, be back in about 30 minutes.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Go to an ignition source not the accessory wire.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

IGNITION 1 GRAY/PURPLE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, 7-PIN PLUG, PIN 1 or SJB, (BLACK 52 - PIN PLUG B PIN 45, Note #2

IGNITION 2 N/A

IGNITION 3 N/A

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 PURPLE/GREEN (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, 7-PIN PLUG, PIN 6 or SJB, (GRAY 14-PIN PLUG(A) PIN 3, Note #2

That is what is happening, you tapped into the acc/heater blower power, that is why the radio is turning off, voltage drop from the surge of the blower turning on, move it to the ignition lead. DONE!!!

Edited by AMI CUSTOMS

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

IGNITION 1 GRAY/PURPLE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, 7-PIN PLUG, PIN 1 or SJB, (BLACK 52 - PIN PLUG B PIN 45, Note #2

IGNITION 2 N/A

IGNITION 3 N/A

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 PURPLE/GREEN (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, 7-PIN PLUG, PIN 6 or SJB, (GRAY 14-PIN PLUG(A) PIN 3, Note #2

That is what is happening, you tapped into the acc/heater blower power, that is why the radio is turning off, voltage drop from the surge of the blower turning on, move it to the ignition lead. DONE!!!

Thats where I started a couple days ago AMI, the Gray/purple only has voltage when starting the car, no tin the run position. I tapped into purp/green under the dash and when the heater is turned on, the voltage drops to almost zero. Now, that same purple/green wire at the SJB(passenger kick) stays at 12.6 even with the fan on. Im gonna hook it up there and see what happens. Back in a few.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Or, when all else fails, just run everything to a switch and the battery. Run your yellow and black to the pos and neg on your battery, then run the red to a rocker switch, and the rocker switch to the pos on your battery. If this doesn't fix your prob, then I honestly have no freaking idea what it could be. As of right now, you are probably getting voltage drop or something from the way you have it wired.

mivtCK.png

OK, moving the switched power connection from the driver side dash to the SJB at the passenger kick solved the problem. Now, anyone care to explain how the same fucking wire has voltage drop on one side of the car and not the other?? AND, Ray used the wire under the driver side dash with no issue. Just my bad fucking luck I guess.

Thank you to all those that chimed in here to help me out. Its good to go now. Saturday night beer for everyone!!!

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread