Sonic Electronix

Looking to upgrade my current system, its not really cutting it and i don't really know a whole lot about car audio i currently but i figured someone over here should be able to point me in the right direction hopefully currently i have 2x 12' Power Acoustik MoFo's and a Power Acoustik 4000/1D STAX amp. this system was recommended to me by a friend but it just don't seem to hit like i want it to. ive been told by alot of people to upgrade to w7's and go with a JL amp, but i figured i would swing over here and drop a post before before i made any purchases to see if maybe i could get a better set up.

Thank, ryan

the car is a 2011 ford fusion

i would like to spend no more than 1500 but i want something better than what i have

* i was so tempted to go with JL because if heard the name before and people say there a good sub but there has to be something as good or better for that price

Edited by RyanBlanchard

You're wise to ask before you spend. there are a LOT of great manufacturers out there who are not mainstream but make GREAT stuff.

DC, T3 or AQ subs, AQ amps etc. I was surprised (and pissed that I bought just before I found out about them) how afforadable they are, and are really designed by enthussiats, for enthusiasts. Not just big box copanies pushing crap because it's easily found at lots of local stores.

I was ready to fork out $800 for a 500w (4ohm rms)mono amp when an AQ1200d is $249!? (on order)

I bought an RF P3 12" from Crutchfield for $180 when a DC level 4 (easily twice the sub by anyone's opinion) is only a few bucks more.

Good luck!

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

Can you sell your subs ? If you think it will not be easy, just start to focus on the box. what kind of box do you have ? A good one can make your bass sound goooood !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Yes i can sell and i plan on it as soon as i find the new system i am gonna get, the box is nothing special i knew it wasnt gonna be great i bought it from a local car shop ( car tunes) i was kinda in a rush i was on mid tour leave from afghanistan and ill be back for good in the upcoming week i plan on getting a custom box made if i can find someone to do it just trying to find the subs first

For $1500 I would go with:

(2) AQ HDC312 <-- Sub

(1) AQ 2200 <-- Amp

(1) 0gauge amp install kit from Knukonceptz.com <-- Amp wiring

(1) XS D3400 under the hood and XS D3100 in the back <-- Batteries

Big 3 in 0gauge

If I missed anything tell me...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I would like to know what electrical upgrades if any, and what space is like. Max dimensions

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?