Sonic Electronix

What can I do to make my sound system sound better?

I just put 2 12" Kicker Competition CVR's running an alpine MRX-M100 Mono power @ 1,000W RMS

I know nothing about sound systems So I'm trying to learn, But I need help. I heard if I got an epicenter (The alpine didn't come with the bass knob) it would have better quality bass / hit harder, 'Cause I can barely feel a difference... I had the 500 Watt stock sound system from ford factory on my mustang and I could feel the bass really good, But when I got the new system, Even though I like how it sounds and still have stock radio + the 500 watts on the 2 subs in the front, I can't really feel the ones in the trunk..

My co-worker said it shouldn't be that weak, He has 2 12"s running 600watts and it sounds better than mine :(

Apart from the epicenter, Which I'm probably getting tomorrow, What else can I get to make it sound better?

epicenter = distortion and running into clipping faster.

Whats the enclosure specs, where is the enclosure and what kind of vehicle.

Are you sure the speakers are phased right?

Also the factory radio is still in place? How was the amp hooked up? line in converter or high level? If so where did you splice in?

Need info on car besides Mustang

Forget the epicenter right now, not necessary

1. Ditch the factory radio and get an aftermarket HU, it will sound 10x better

2. You have enough power for the subs, since they only need 800rms combined total, but are they wired up correctly and how did you set your gain on your amp?

3. Is the box ported or sealed, that will make a big difference

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

epicenter = distortion and running into clipping faster.

Whats the enclosure specs, where is the enclosure and what kind of vehicle.

Are you sure the speakers are phased right?

I actually bought it pre-built I'm not sure, 'Cause I didn't touch it. I used to lurk this site like 2 years ago, But I never had a system until today motning, I had no knowledge so I paid to have it installed.

Need info on car besides Mustang

Forget the epicenter right now, not necessary

1. Ditch the factory radio and get an aftermarket HU, it will sound 10x better

2. You have enough power for the subs, since they only need 800rms combined total, but are they wired up correctly and how did you set your gain on your amp?

3. Is the box ported or sealed, that will make a big difference

1. I'll go look at them tomorrow, Which one do you recommend?

2. I didn't install it, I don't know how they set it up...

3. It's sealed. I tried to get a ported one that was a little bigger, But 2007 Ford Mustang has like NO trunk space. :( Next set up has to be custom and will be one of my projects, But not for a while...

Also, I have to take it back to where they installed it, Because when I turn off my car, Like every 15-60 seconds the amp turns back on and the subs get power, So you hear bass for like a second, really loud and my co-worker said they could get burnt out so he told me to disconnect them while the car is off.

comp = compact

not competition...

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

I would check to see where signal is being pulled from. That setup is crossed over in the front so if they pulled signal from there you will get no sub freqs. If they pulled from the rear which they should have check to make sure they are both subs are in phase. Easiest way to check this is to unplug one sub. If it gets louder the switch the 2 leads on the other sub around and that will fix that. Checking gain settings and crossover setting would also be on the list here. It could be the cutoff is set wrong or the gains incorrectly set.

I still have my stock hu and haves lots of sq

2003 Grand AM GTELECTRICAL SYSTEMAlternatorstockBatteryFront s3400back d3100Wireinglots of 0gaHEAD UNITpionner 7500xSPEAKERS(4)Prv 6mb200(2)prv 10mr1000AMPLIFIRLS(1)Zxi80.4(2)Brx1200.4SUBWOOFER(2) MTX 9500BOX3.41 cuft 63sq port 34hzLINKSYoutube.com/reggieb198895

How are your subz runin are thay d2 or d4

2003 Grand AM GTELECTRICAL SYSTEMAlternatorstockBatteryFront s3400back d3100Wireinglots of 0gaHEAD UNITpionner 7500xSPEAKERS(4)Prv 6mb200(2)prv 10mr1000AMPLIFIRLS(1)Zxi80.4(2)Brx1200.4SUBWOOFER(2) MTX 9500BOX3.41 cuft 63sq port 34hzLINKSYoutube.com/reggieb198895

1. Any top brand will do: Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, etc

2. Sounds like the shop isn't good at what they do, I suggest finding another one or figuring out from ppl on here what the issue can be and get it done yourself.

Americuhh, where did you get compact from? Just wondering, can't find any info besides:

The CompVR comes from a long line of excellence, evolving from the tough-as-nails KICKER Competition Subwoofer back in the day. The newest CompVR is engineered to the highest levels, and its dark look will have any installation primed to perform.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived