to good to be true.. craigslist ad

I have a 02 Silverado 1500, and I'm looking for a parts truck just to get, I saw this on Craiglist http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/2319517890.html

I sent an email saying I was interested in the truck, and I would like to see it..

I got a response back this morning...

Hello,

My name is Linda Mendez and thank you for being interested in buying my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT that I have for sale . What can I tell you in a few words is that I am an individual seller, I am not a dealer and this is my first type of posting using Craigslist. The truck it`s in perfect condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever, never been involved in any accidents. It has 124,000 miles, automatic transmission , 5.3L (325) SFI V8 engine size, 4 wheel drive, silver exterior with gray interior. I have a clear title with no loans or liens on it.

I am selling it at this price ($2,350) because I just went through a divorce with my ex-husband and when it has finished, I remained the owner of this truck. I have some financial problems right now, so I want to sell it asap and a fast sale can be done only at a low price.

Here are some pictures with the truck : http://img696.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=35775969.jpg

Just let me know if you are still interested and where are you located.

Thank you,

Linda

I clicked the link, and it is not pictures of the truck, I emailed her back telling her where I was located. And I was interested in the truck, and the pictures aren't of the truck...

Anyways does this ad sound like a scam.. I'm still waiting on her response back...

Check that second link again bro. I clicked it and got some pictures that look just like the one on the add. It might be true. I mean, the best you can do is meet up with her and look at the truck. Just don't meet her at your house...

mivtCK.png

if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is. and yes this is a scam, you will most likely start to get strange emails. but will also probably just go to your junk mail but it gets annoying having to empty it every day or couple days.

I would be wary. Sounds like someone found that she is (or might be) a scammer. Try to get more info on the seller. But meet up with her, see the thing 1st hand, and don't meet at your place. This is why I don't buy cars online, there's never really any true scammers when you see a car for same in person (there obviously is, but nothing like internet scammers where you might not even get a car and be out 3 grand).

Enjoy my 2 cents!

Yeah its pretty common scam. I found two out here in Sacramento, about trucks being sold for less than $3k. Its always in the 2500 price range it seems, and the way I knew mine were scams ( Which I really wanted to buy these trucks ) Was the fact the trucks were in Montana, and the ad was in California. Hmmm... It was a sad story about her son being killed in Iraq, and keeping the truck at home just brought up to much heartache. I googled her email, both times, and sent the links of what I found on her. never got a email back.

I wonder why they are looking to jack people for so little? Just a quick easy sale?

or do they ask for like $500 and say the truck will be shipped to them, and when they get the truck, they pay the rest?

Oh well, just be careful

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.