Second Skin Audio

Could someone design a T-Line enclosure for me?

And you tuning stupid high. Which makes a tline almost pointless imo. Just go ported.

Steez, omg man lol

My gf has the same car. I have built a few boxes for that. Largest I got was a 12" bandpass tline in it tuned to 40hz

This was to big to fit in the trunk at ONLY 38"w 14" tall 24" deep

The measurements you have, I dont know where those came from unless your building permanent in the trunk

YA HAHA IT PRETTY MUCH IS PERMINENT, but trust me the measurements do fit haha i swear im not BS'n you or nuthing. the trunk is actually 40 wide, 42 deep, and about 20 tall, but i wouldnt be able to push the box in then haha.

94 retta, i get you now haha i though you were talking about the box.

If you could design a T-line with those specs would you?? the box right there is 7.1 cubic feet, i know T-lines takeup alot of space but do you think its possible ?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

if the tuning is to high, i will just go prted since i already have my plans drawn out.

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

And you tuning stupid high. Which makes a tline almost pointless imo. Just go ported.

Steez, omg man lol

My gf has the same car. I have built a few boxes for that. Largest I got was a 12" bandpass tline in it tuned to 40hz

The measurements you have, I dont know where those came from unless your building permanent in the trunk

Do you know anything about tlines?

I tune high, because tlines play down well to the 8th wave of the enclosure when designed right, with the right enclosure.

I tune at 40hz in a bandpass tline, and it kills on the 20hz-30hz to 40hz very well, and decently flat up to about 80hz

I rarely feel the need to design a tline so low just due to transfer function of the car with a tline.

In a 12 person church van, I would love to build a 20hz tline wall and do hairtricks all day long. But thats not my style

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

if the tuning is to high, i will just go prted since i already have my plans drawn out.

Go ported. Your trunk is a little bit bigger then mine. Ported will fit. T-line will not. If you have the ufo style btl its fs is 31hz. To tune to its fs "just guessing not doing math" but your looking at 16+ feet of port length.

31hz = 9.11ft

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

at the least i wouldnt argue with forevrbumpn about t-lines

i wonder if 94retta is thinking they function the same as a normal ported box, i dont know, but i always thought they played well at least a half wave down and half wave up, but i could be wrong, i know they have nice range, but i dont have tons of experience designing them

Eh i know a lil bit. Iv tried the tuning high thing with them and had no luck but when i tune to the subs fs. Its perfect. It could be me. But even tunning to 40hz hes still lookin at a huge box.

Steez, omg man lol

Do you know anything about tlines?

I tune high, because tlines play down well to the 8th wave of the enclosure when designed right, with the right enclosure.

I tune at 40hz in a bandpass tline, and it kills on the 20hz-30hz to 40hz very well, and decently flat up to about 80hz

I rarely feel the need to design a tline so low just due to transfer function of the car with a tline.

In a 12 person church van, I would love to build a 20hz tline wall and do hairtricks all day long. But thats not my style