caraudiofreq Posted May 15, 2011 Author Report Posted May 15, 2011 Alright, here is a little update. low on funds, cause I'm saving up for new subs. I have Boston Acoustic tweeters and Dynaudio mids. I have an ugly gap in the frequencies because I mounted the tweeter on the pillar. i have been looking for a cheap solution and think I found it. These are available from partsexpress.com. They turn the material they are mounted to into a speaker. I used some thin aluminum sheet, then played around with placement. Here is a shot of the A-pillars. I had virutually no money to put into this experiment, so everything is done practically for nothing. Sorry for the poor pic quality, my cell phone sux 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
baller95 Posted May 15, 2011 Report Posted May 15, 2011 Super sick install !!! Thinking about doing anything to the engine in the future?
shown50 Posted May 15, 2011 Report Posted May 15, 2011 hey man i got two 15s for sale if your going that way NEW 2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 2 XS Power D3400 Kicker HyperFlex 1/0 Soundstream Vir 7870bt OLD 2010 Jeep Patriot 2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece) 1 Crescendo BC 3500 1 MB Quart 60.4 1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front 1 XS Power D3400(Front) 1 XS Power D3400(Back) 2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex SoundStream Vir 7870bt Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme [www.youtube.com/tntravelers33] FEEDBACK
caraudiofreq Posted May 16, 2011 Author Report Posted May 16, 2011 Super sick install !!! Thinking about doing anything to the engine in the future? I had planned on some exhaust work, but doubt I'll do anything to the motor, I love the 36 miles to the gallon WAY TOO MUCH! 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
caraudiofreq Posted May 16, 2011 Author Report Posted May 16, 2011 hey man i got two 15s for sale if your going that way I'm gonna stuck with 4 12's. I am so low on funds right now, I may have to make due with subs i don't want. Thanks though 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
baller95 Posted May 17, 2011 Report Posted May 17, 2011 Super sick install !!! Thinking about doing anything to the engine in the future? I had planned on some exhaust work, but doubt I'll do anything to the motor, I love the 36 miles to the gallon WAY TOO MUCH! What 15L/km ?!?!?! Thats crazy for a small car like that!
caraudiofreq Posted May 17, 2011 Author Report Posted May 17, 2011 Super sick install !!! Thinking about doing anything to the engine in the future? I had planned on some exhaust work, but doubt I'll do anything to the motor, I love the 36 miles to the gallon WAY TOO MUCH! What 15L/km ?!?!?! Thats crazy for a small car like that! Thats city driving, to and from work. The car has never seen the freeway for a long drive. I dunno if i could stand being in it longer than it takes me to get to work. I'm a big guy and it is a little car. 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
samslowp1s Posted May 17, 2011 Report Posted May 17, 2011 Cheap subs or not. That is a great score with what you have. Shows how much the install plays on getting loud.
caraudiofreq Posted June 12, 2011 Author Report Posted June 12, 2011 Cheap subs or not. That is a great score with what you have. Shows how much the install plays on getting loud. Because money is so tight, I may end up adding another set of the Kenwood's for a show comming up. Just have to be sure I can pull it off AND afford to enter the show to. fingers crossed. 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
caraudiofreq Posted June 30, 2011 Author Report Posted June 30, 2011 well, too broke to get better subs, so I'm gonna drop two more of the Kenwood's in. Maybe that will hold me over for a while (fingers crossed) 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.