Sundown Audio

Best 3k amp for around 350.00+

TIG

My buddy has 6 of the older AQ3500Ds and if he had to wire to 2 ohm, he would go straight to ap3ks.

If you have no proof with measuring devices that "show" the ap3k to be dirty (THD and distortion levels), you need to stop talking. The cost of the amp and nuthuggers are affecting the way you hear the amp. Not really pointing towards anyone particular, just a general statement.

But I'm done, this has been talked about WAY too fucking much. Its going to just be a pissing in the wind match for both sides. People won't change their minds on either side.

TIG- I think you can run the ap3k on 60 amps of fusing depending on how you control gain/volume and duration, etc. I got buddies that run sundown 3500s on 80 amp fuses, granted the sundown 3500s do over 4k.

Fuses are the biggest POS ever. You can run a shit ton of current through a 5 amp fuse.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

I was looking into a aq amp but just a little short on the funds and I just got my sub today and my box is ready to be covered so I need an amp soon and not enough time to make the extra cash so Im looking into the hifonics amp and yes I was meaning for meca fusing regulations. I would love to have a nicer amp such as sundown or aq but neither do rated power at 2 ohm and Im not trying to kill a 700.00 amp running it at .5 because quite frankly I don't know enough about them to attempt it which is why Im trying to stay clear of the topic.

The AQ2200d new is less than $100 more than the hifonics, and will be a MUCH better amp. Patience would pay off. With the correct electrical, the AQ will easily run .5 daily. Ask anyone on here who has one.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

My buddy has 6 of the older AQ3500Ds and if he had to wire to 2 ohm, he would go straight to ap3ks.

If you have no proof with measuring devices that "show" the ap3k to be dirty (THD and distortion levels), you need to stop talking. The cost of the amp and nuthuggers are affecting the way you hear the amp. Not really pointing towards anyone particular, just a general statement.

But I'm done, this has been talked about WAY too fucking much. Its going to just be a pissing in the wind match for both sides. People won't change their minds on either side.

TIG- I think you can run the ap3k on 60 amps of fusing depending on how you control gain/volume and duration, etc. I got buddies that run sundown 3500s on 80 amp fuses, granted the sundown 3500s do over 4k.

Fuses are the biggest POS ever. You can run a shit ton of current through a 5 amp fuse.

Pointed it at whoever, it doesn't really matter. There is absolutely no comparison between the AP3K and a quality amp like the AQ or a SA. Its really just a matter of funding etc.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

the kx series was 2ohm stable

and audiopipe's problem isn't lasting or putting out rated power it's problem is my driveway is cleaner than the signal it puts out

I know you're an SQ guy at heart, so I see where you're coming from. And the only kx amps I could find were 1 ohm stable per the user manual.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Im done with this thread so it can be locked.

Thanks for all IF ANY good advice I got from this thread.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

what about the soundstream 2500d rubicon?heard its a decent piece

alpine 794 h/u

6 crescendo ccx 6.5 comps

4 polk db 6x9 3 ways

2 jl audio OG 12w6 v1

1 jl audio OG 10w6 v1

1 soundstream rubicon rubi5.800 5 channel

1 soundstream rubicon rubi2.600 2 channel

1 soundstream rubicon rubi800.1 mono class d

1/0 knu

6 farad soundtream cap

soundstream bx 10

soundstream 3 way xover

Ap 3000 is a 2 channel amp 2 x 1500@1 ohm or 3000@2 ohms bridged.

For their price you can't beat them no matter what you guys say, there is STILL WAY WORSE than AP, for their price range, they are the best bang for the buck...

IMG00214-20090223-1605.jpg

so maybe some one can get the info right about the amp.... and no, even the silver model was a 2 channel amp, the same exact way

but you know, what do i know, i just owned

CIMG0458.jpg

CIMG0466.jpg

that was my setup before the wall....

i was able to do 145s out of my trunk, with a sealed box on those 2 15s and the AP3k, at 35hz.... lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Integras have a trunk? :lol:

technically, some do :P even if its the hatch area in mine, there are trunk versions :P

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived