Sundown Audio

audioque 2200 ?

cal

Don't worry about why Audioque and Crescendo are much cheaper than other amps in its power bracket...its not because its a cheaply made amp.

Just go with the AQ2200. But you better realize wiring to .5 is going to depend on you. User error will kill almost any amp before lower than rated impedance will. And your electrical better be stocky to support the draw.

And finding a 2000-2500 watt RMS amp at 2 ohms is not difficult or hard at all. Look to the brand you're already carrying.

well the kicker 2500 is only thing close but it cost more than the price of the audioque. also i dont follow i got a dual 1 ohm coil im going to wire in parallel i cant go less than .5 if i wire it in series it will be 2 ohm correct? as far as my electrical i got a 160 amp alt with a meachman idle pulley giving it a 120 amp at idle and i got an addl kinetik hc 2000 in the back and the big three a run of power and ground to the rear that is 0 guage do you think its enough?

Im pretty sure he´s talking about Audiopipe

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

And finding a 2000-2500 watt RMS amp at 2 ohms is not difficult or hard at all. Look to the brand you're already carrying.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21959_Kicker-ZX2500.1-10ZX2500.1.html

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

How do you know how much idle output is? Has that been tested? Honestly...I would say your electrical will not be able to steadily hold voltage at a level I personally find acceptable. Sometimes its cheaper to just upgrade the alternator instead of buying a battery bank to compensate.

Or you can upgrade your battery ;)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

How do you know how much idle output is? Has that been tested? Honestly...I would say your electrical will not be able to steadily hold voltage at a level I personally find acceptable. Sometimes its cheaper to just upgrade the alternator instead of buying a battery bank to compensate.

Or you can upgrade your battery ;)

i bought the alternator from meachman it is a stock alternator with a pulley he installed. my stock was only 140 amp but he used a 160 amp from a different model so according to him with the battery and the alternator i should be ok. im not sure if he said it was good a little over 2200 rms as long as i was not sitting at idle at full tilt all the time.

But why wouldn't you want to Wang full tilt longer than 30 seconds? You also have to understand you're going to get a little more than 2200 watts at 1 ohm, and if you're running at .5 like you're saying, even more. The alternator is fine, but I would get a bigger battery. Many people have hardons for overkill, myself included, but its up to you. You can always try it out, monitoring voltage and if its not holding then back off and upgrade the electrical.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

And then, the amplifier breaks down and the owner starts talking shit about the brand!! I´ve tested amplifiers at lower impedances for burps, but for daily, no way man, i prefer to buy a bigger amplifier and wire it according to it´s specs!!!

You can always get an AP3000.1 , you know that right? not the best amplifier ever but i trust more on an AP wired at 2 ohms than an AQ wired at 0.5 ohms, just saying...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well if it makes you feel any better I am another forum user in the same predicament, and I am going with AQ to push my DC level 3's that I am ordering hopefully in the next 7-10 days. I have had more than one person tell me (people that actually used them) that they are good amps and they push their rated power. For the price, they are tough to beat.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

But why wouldn't you want to Wang full tilt longer than 30 seconds? You also have to understand you're going to get a little more than 2200 watts at 1 ohm, and if you're running at .5 like you're saying, even more. The alternator is fine, but I would get a bigger battery. Many people have hardons for overkill, myself included, but its up to you. You can always try it out, monitoring voltage and if its not holding then back off and upgrade the electrical.

a agree with you i want to try it first and i id ask that in one of my reply how the amp is rated i guess its underated.and yes its better to have over kill than under

Archived