Sundown Audio

audioque 2200 ?

cal

ive been looking at sundown saz-2000 or 2500 and yesterday i came across a thread speaking of the audioque amps i went online and the prices look awesome does anybody know if these amps can be compared to the quality of sundown? the only reason i ask they are better priced but are they reliable and can they be ran .5 ohm? im actually thinking of jumping on board not trying to bash the company

I had 2 aq2200's and I loved them, I wish I never got rid of them. They r good amps. I had 1 aq2200 running at .5 ohms daily and neer had any problems out of it. I had it on 4 hdc3 15's doin a 149.1 on music 151.2 burp. If u go with the aq amp, I don't think u'll be sorry.

I had 2 aq2200's and I loved them, I wish I never got rid of them. They r good amps. I had 1 aq2200 running at .5 ohms daily and neer had any problems out of it. I had it on 4 hdc3 15's doin a 149.1 on music 151.2 burp. If u go with the aq amp, I don't think u'll be sorry.

thanks for the info im curious how do they rate the stuff?

^ i agree

my cousin has one on a hdc3-a 18 at .5 ohm daily and it slams all day amp never shuts off or gets hot. He has a solid electrical though

on the other hand i have 2 sundown 2000ds and have been impressed with them as well. Ran one at .5 ohms daily and strapped them at .5 (.25 each) for a very short time (i WOULD NOT recommend that.) they are pushing my xl's quite nice

id say flip a coin or get the cheaper one. The 2200 does have a clip light on the knob though if that matters. They are both solid products

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

At 14.4V.

my fault i should have been more specific. i meant to say are they underated or over im going to run a 2500 wrms 12" solo x dual 1 ohm so im going to use it at.5 and am curious what rms is going to be

I can't say AQ and Sundown are in the same league !

But AQ amps are not bad at all. Get them if you're on a budget. Other budget choices, but still good anough : Crescendo, DC audio,... You'll find them on this forum if you ask.

Take a look at Audiopipe too !

I'd rather get a DC amp than an AQ. But that's just my personal choice !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I can't say AQ and Sundown are in the same league !

But AQ amps are not bad at all. Get them if you're on a budget. Other budget choices, but still good anough : Crescendo, DC audio,... You'll find them on this forum if you ask.

Take a look at Audiopipe too !

I'd rather get a DC amp than an AQ. But that's just my personal choice !

the prices for everything you just listed varies by a few hundred dollars....and i dont know why you put AP in there. my AQ1200 played my level 3's much cleaner than the AP1500 did BY FAR.

i own a AQ2200D and i love it

i wired it to .25 ohm (before rise) and it didnt break a sweat for the 20-30 min i played it

but i had two D3100 and two D3400 and a 300 amp alt so voltage was pretty steady

ive seen people runnin AQ amps at .5 daily but i wouldnt go any lower for daily use

make sure you have electrical to back it up also

you wont be disappointed with the amp :drinks:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Archived