Sundown Audio

audioque 2200 ?

cal

And then, the amplifier breaks down and the owner starts talking shit about the brand!! I´ve tested amplifiers at lower impedances for burps, but for daily, no way man, i prefer to buy a bigger amplifier and wire it according to it´s specs!!!

You can always get an AP3000.1 , you know that right? not the best amplifier ever but i trust more on an AP wired at 2 ohms than an AQ wired at 0.5 ohms, just saying...

yes you are correct the only thing is my box only has one terminal for the wires so being that i have a dual coil in order to get the correct ohm i have to install another terminal one for each coil because the audiopipe is 2 1500 in one case. plus i really want to try the audioque

Or you could scrap the terminals all together and run a stud type set up. Look up EXO on Youtube and check out his box. A lot of people run them like that because they are air tight and it is much easier than properly installing a terminal.

first nice avitar. i know what your talking about but the box already has the terminal so what do i do with the hole? then i dont want to screw around wasting more time modding the box i need an amp soo i can hear some music.

I would probably reconstruct that side of my box with the terminals on it, since I hate terminals. I will not use them. Back in the day, when I didn't know any better I used those pressurized spring loaded pieces of crap. Well wouldn't you know, I fried like 2 amps because my effin wires would pop out of those things and touch and then pop....no more amp...I am sure they are fine if you don't drive like a retard, but hey, I was like 17.....I did drive like a retard.....

Anyway, they are really meant for ease of wiring. You wire one voice coil terminal to one stud and do all your bridging on the side or back of the box. Then if you need to switch up impedance or something like that, or an amp blows, or you upgrade, it is all right there, easily accessible. That is just me though. The last 3 or 4 boxes I built didn't have terminal cups in them unless people really wanted them, and then I used the big gold plated screw down style ones.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

• 1 year later...

And then, the amplifier breaks down and the owner starts talking shit about the brand!! I´ve tested amplifiers at lower impedances for burps, but for daily, no way man, i prefer to buy a bigger amplifier and wire it according to it´s specs!!!

You can always get an AP3000.1 , you know that right? not the best amplifier ever but i trust more on an AP wired at 2 ohms than an AQ wired at 0.5 ohms, just saying...

dawm straight

I can't say AQ and Sundown are in the same league !

But AQ amps are not bad at all. Get them if you're on a budget. Other budget choices, but still good anough : Crescendo, DC audio,... You'll find them on this forum if you ask.

Take a look at Audiopipe too !

I'd rather get a DC amp than an AQ. But that's just my personal choice !

the prices for everything you just listed varies by a few hundred dollars....and i dont know why you put AP in there. my AQ1200 played my level 3's much cleaner than the AP1500 did BY FAR.
yea AP isn't even in the same league as any of the other amps listed. I won't speak on any of the other ones other than that though cuz I haven't personally gotten either of them (yet)

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

^ i agree

my cousin has one on a hdc3-a 18 at .5 ohm daily and it slams all day amp never shuts off or gets hot. He has a solid electrical though

on the other hand i have 2 sundown 2000ds and have been impressed with them as well. Ran one at .5 ohms daily and strapped them at .5 (.25 each) for a very short time (i WOULD NOT recommend that.) they are pushing my xl's quite nice

id say flip a coin or get the cheaper one. The 2200 does have a clip light on the knob though if that matters. They are both solid products

you can't run a single subwoofer at .5 ohms...sorry

-playing with different setups

^ i agree

my cousin has one on a hdc3-a 18 at .5 ohm daily and it slams all day amp never shuts off or gets hot. He has a solid electrical though

on the other hand i have 2 sundown 2000ds and have been impressed with them as well. Ran one at .5 ohms daily and strapped them at .5 (.25 each) for a very short time (i WOULD NOT recommend that.) they are pushing my xl's quite nice

id say flip a coin or get the cheaper one. The 2200 does have a clip light on the knob though if that matters. They are both solid products

says who? sure you can. 1 D1 sub wired parallel... boom .5 ohm on one sub

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=12#results

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

^ i agree

Fail

oh man... haha

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

yep... but turns out when this post was made was like 2 years ago almost and SQ didn't exist yet :P

My Build Log

Archived